Would you date a girl who doesn't want to have sex with you?

I have known this guy for a couple of months and we've been talking as friends for a while now. Recently he asked me out but i have not answered him yet. I don't date but i do really like him and I'm finding it hard to decline as i'm afraid i'd lose him as a friend too. The reason i'm reluctant to go on a date with him is that I have never had a boyfriend and due to my beliefs I would not sleep with a guy before marriage. Do you think i should tell him this before i accept his request or should i just make an excuse and decline (assuming he'd not like this and think i'm weird)?

Most Helpful Guy

• never never never never, ''assume things''. there's nothing wrong with not premarital sex. But yeah, a lot of guys might consider it as a deal breaker. I think you should say it maybe at your second date, (if the first date went well). Telling him before the first date might look a bit weird for some guys, not all though.

Personally, I would not mind waiting another 20 years if I really love the girl, and she love me too ( ok, maybe not 20, 40yo is a bit old to be dad :) ), but you shoudl NEVER ''assume'' he will not like you because of that.

Of course he might, but you never know, and if he's a good friend, he would be very stupid to stop liking you at all just for that.

• Thank you for your helpful advice. Much appreciated!

• There's nothing wrong with premarital sex? Um.. how 'bout getting pregnant and then down the road you hate each other and break up?

• are you implying you will hate each other because of sex? because if not, the same thing can happen to people who have sex, then marry, then get pregnant and hate each other

What Guys Said 16

• I'm like you marriage before sex I won't do it before I get married either. But you also have to remember you have to date to find someone to marry.

• I would, because there are a lot more things in a relationship than sex, and I value my relationships and the people I have these relationships with whether they are platonic or romantic relationship. I cherish the time that I spend with people, and I don't need sex to have a great relationship with someone.

• Nothing about going on a date says you have to have sex with him now or in the future. Have your date. When it comes up, let him know. He shouldn't assume that anyway. You're going to have to start dating to get married anyway.

• Doesn't want to have sex ever? Would not date (obviously)
    Doesn't want to have sex until marriage? Would not date
    Doesn't want to have sex for a long time, until she feels ready? Would date

• You should not "date" him if that means that you will use the implied possibility of future sex to get attention and free stuff from him. If you want to "wait for marriage" then you should not date at all without doing so for the explicit purpose of exploring the possibility of marrying.

• if i really loved her then yea i would...

• Yes, tell him before you accept his request. I personally would love to date a girl who's a virgin. I'm a virgin myself.

• If I knew she will not have sex with me then no...
    I don't want to waste either of our time.

• you should probably be upfront about it from the begining

• Yes I would.

• I would only date. I'm sorry, but I can't take a relationship seriously when there is no sex.

• Why would I date a girl who doesn't want to have sex with me? That's just counter-productive.

• what´s the point in dating, if there´s never gonna be sex anyway?

• I'd date her a certain time. I'm nearly sure I'd give up discovering she's such a religious fanatic.

• Look it depends on the guy some guys might not some guys may it really does varry. The best thing you can do is make it very clear you don't want to and if he says he is ok with that you can still be intimate without having sex I personally don't think I could do it but thats just me so just tell him and if he says he isn't intrested then you can still be friends. You just need to make an effort to continue talking and hanging out

• Thank you for your advice. :)

• You, you don't wanna have sex?

http://i.imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif

• Did he just jump off a cliff?

• I can't tell you how refreshing it is that someone actually took a joke! You, miss, are awesome!

• Thank you! you seem pretty cool yourself :)

What Girls Said 2

• I would never date a guy who wouldn't have sex with me.

• It's good to look for a guy with similar beliefs on that one.