Dating differences between england and america?

I feel although england and america are similar they are also different in many ways including dating like i see a lot of people from the USA on here talking about dating various people at once without it being an issue yet i find when people in england are only dating they still remain exclusive to eachother why is this? Also do you find there are any other cultural differences between england and america?

Please bare in mind i am not saying all im saying i have just seen a lot speak about it lol

Most Helpful Guy

• This question is too broad and relies too much on generalizations to get any accurate answers. I've never lived (or even been to) England, so I couldn't say what it's really like there.

But here in the States, there really isn't one "style" of dating that I've seen. It varies with each person or environment you come across. The 'dating many people at once' is honestly something I don't see very often at all here. And when I do see it, it's usually done by slightly older people- like in their late 20's or somewhere in their 30's. People that age understand that it's basically like an interviewing process to find a good partner, whereas younger people "stake their claim" VERY early on after meeting someone they're interested in. And with younger people, you see them going after someone in particular rather than playing the field and judging what comes along.

But outside of this, you have a large number of people here that still feel like a relationship is something they NEED at any given time, and they feel incomplete without it. It relates back to that process or whatever that people feel like they need to tick boxes off a list to become what they think they should be (go to college, find a sweetheart, marry, buy house, kids, etc.).

But there's also a pretty big surge of people that aren't desperate about finding a relationship, and feel content with the single life. Those are the people who usually will get into a relationship if a good person comes along, things fit and feel effortless, and they're generally more chilled out about it.

And the of course, there's a lot of people who just want fun, partying, sex, and being carefree lol. So they don't really care about finding a partner to begin with.

But yeah, I can't really speak for cultural differences. Partly because I don't know what the general attitude is over there, or if it's just as varied as it is here. And partly because the US is culturally diverse anyway, so we don't do any one "thing".

What Guys Said 5

• Not all people here in the states date a ton of people at once. Quite a few date exclusively like myself.

• Dating various people at once? Girl, I'm from America. What type of people are you talking to that have multiple dates at once? Playboys?

• Well im from england and I've been to america also and your right there is a difference mainly cos in england its assumed you are properly together if you are taking a gal out but a date in america is just a date and its a normal kind of thing

• yea its a mess over here...

• don't know, I guess that's just the people you've spoken to on here, I wouldn't say that's a large enough snapshot of attitude to assume that's the way it is over there. Cultural differences, I think there are many. The Americans I've met have had the idea that the British are bitter over the American revolution and we all hate them. That water is waaaaaay under the bridge for me! lol

What Girls Said 2

• I'm from the USA & I strongly believe dating is exclusive. I don't know what kind of idiots you might have encountered but they definitely don't represent the rest of us.

• Emma watson on the differences
    http://www.ellentv.com/videos/0-bviyo01h/