Are we going to slow or am I just being a pussy?

So I am 16 years old and (as cliche as this may sound) have fallen in love with one of my childhood friends. He has been a great friend to me and now, for the last 6 months, an even better boyfriend. I love him to death. So we have been taking things kinda slow but now he is asking for sex. I want to do it but... I don't know Im kinda nervious about it. I dont know if I am ready. So do I go for it or do we wait. PLEASE HELP?

thanks for the help. I think we are going to wait a while

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're not ready don't do it. If he loves you, he won't try to pressure you no matter how badly he wants it. If you do it, it should be because you are ready to make that leap (and being nervous during the first time is normal either way). If you're not ready, you can still kick things up a notch by fooling around. Just remember to use condoms and grab a Plan B pill if you do have sex, since you probably can't afford to have a baby right now.

What Guys Said 3

• I've been with my gf, now fiance for two years. Haven't had sex. My opinion is do what you want, only you can decide, and whatever happens only you will have to deal with it. You could wait and see if he is the one, or you could let your hormones run wild lol

• You're not ready if you have to ask. MAKE him wait, explain to him why. Do not let him pressure you into anything.

• Sex happens when both partners want it and are ready for it, and comfortable with each other. If you think you are ready, go for it and have fun. But, don't do it simply because you feel pressured!

What Girls Said 1

• You're only 16 of course you're not being a pussy. Do you want to do it more b/c he wants to and you like him? Or b/c you're ready to add that kind of intimacy to your relationship and your life? Are you sure he's the right guy to share this moment with? Are you emotionally ready for sex or whatever may happen afterwards I hate to sound like a weird guidance counselor but people tend to write sex off as no big deal but you're still a kid sex is a grown up act it's going to change you maybe not in some big way but it will change you, It is definitely going to change your relationship. You're getting ready to be completely vulnerable for the first time with someone you're already emotionally attached to I don't want to scare you but it could very well end badly. Yeah some people end up staying together and so on but some people don't so just really think about the decision you're making with an "adult mind" not a love struck teenager (no offense).. No one can make this decision for you, but I will say if you don't know if you're ready then you're not ready and there's nothing wrong with that or with waiting. If he doesn't understand that or is an ass about it then you've dodged a huge bullet it may hurt but you'll be grateful in the end. I'm 23 and still waiting.

• Thank you for the insight. I gues you are right I am still very young. I just wanted to know what other people thought before I made some big mistake. I think we are going to wait. At least for a few years. so Thanks

• You're very welcome I'm glad I could help :)