True or False? Hotter girls get asked out less than average girls?

Well I have a lot of girl friends who are average or well below average and yet can go through so many boyfriends where as my truly gorgeous girl friends with the perfect hair and body, and health, and education etc seem to barely be able to catch a proper date.

What's the deal?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted True because when a girl is very hot men assume and overthink things.

We think any of these or all of these:

1. The girl is really hot but I will not bother approaching her because she will have a boyfriend so I will save her and myself the embarrassment.

2. There is no way a girl that hot is interested in me.

3. Wow that girl is hot but I am out of her league.

4. Wow that girl is hot but I bet she has a terrible attitude.

These are the main things we often automatically assume when we see a super hot girl, even when deep down most of us know all girls are different us guys can automatically think what I mentioned above based on you past experiences and this means the really hot girls will not get approached. This post is not meant to offend anyone :)

What Guys Said 14

• I think there are a lot if factors that influence this. For me, I usually get interest in women when I put myself in an environment where they get to know my personality a little. Maybe your hot friends aren't putting themselves in those types of situations?

• I would say true. Many guys are lacking in confidence these days. And many girls these days simply don't know how to put a guy at ease and help him to flirt.

• Well guys, like me, get over our heads and pussy out. Wouldn't want to risk the intense rejection from the angels that are sent from heaven... Damn, flashbacks..

• This question reminded me of this: Nash's Equilibrium - Game Theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_dtTZQyUM

So, yes attractive women; according to this theory will get asked out less than average girls.

• False. Hard to imagine this oh so "gorgeous" girls barely garnering dates. This seems just like an attempt to show just how much guys aren't confident enough or whatever.

• Depends on personality. One time a hot girl told me not interested, when I said "excuse me" to ask directions to a classroom. So with such attitude eventually guys will ignore that person. But if you are nice, and friendly guys will ask out nevertheless

• Well I mean she was being arrogant but not all hot girls are.

• Yeah of course. I have a lot of friends whi are really good and beautiful. So was my ex girlfriend. it all depends on the attitude

• so we have an effect which is that your average girls go through boyfriends like homer simpson goes through beer but we don't know the cause and it would be dumb for us to assume a cause it could be plenty of things for example it could be that guys are intimidated by hot girls but it could also be that hot girls are pickier or that they can't hold a conversation or that they are too vain or all of the above we really don't know.

• Possibly. A lot of guys might feel highly attractive women are out of their league so they settle for an average looking woman. Also there may be a perception that the real stunners are lacking in personality, or don't have a good personality, and that is obviously a turn off although it isn't necessarily true of all very attractive women.

• False, most guys don't even have the confidence to approach an average girl let alone a hot one.

• False ••••

• Guys usually assume the hot girl has a bf.

• No because I hit on practically every pretty girl I see.

• I would say it is true. Most guys see a hot girl and are scared to talk to her or get too close because if she is hot, why would she be single.

• You would be surprised at the number of hot single girls because of this very assumption. I can name you like 6 of my friends off the top of my head.

• I would say so since most average and below average guys know that most attractive women only want good looking guys.

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes when you're looking at a crowd of attractive people you might approach one who is considered averagely attractive because of the way the mind works against itself. Psychologists have proven people will be more attracted to average looking people for longer because several parts of the brain will hardwire itself to look for compatible features with your own. Plus who doesn't question whether they're out of their league sometimes? Sometimes its easier to approach a more average person than that supermodel friend

• I guess it also has to do with options as well... hotter girls are less likely to go out with just any guy because they have a ton of options (or on the other hand have none because guys are intimidated) so maybe they are more likely to be picky with men they choose as boyfriends too.

• Exactly. Its that belief shared by multiple people at once that cause the imbalance of girls being asked out based on looks

• I see!!

• I guess it's true. I'd consider myself average and I get asked out a lot.

• But I don't go through a lot of boyfriends. I'm still picky as fuck. I'm 23 and I've only had 2 bfs. Beggars can't be choosers? Pffft. Yea right, I still have my standards lol

• You are above average and have a cute smile, plus guys like them shorties ;)

• @ManuelMarquez I guess average. or above?

@HonestWhiteGuy Thank you :)

• Very very true

• Seems like guys are more scared to approach those girls.. unless they are like drunk and at a bar or something.

• Some ugly troll? Dang, that is messed up. You could have said it nicer, but not that way. You could have just said he wasn't your type.

• Shoot it is no wonder guys are afraid to cold approach girls these days

• It's hard to say. I've heard people say that this is true, but based on my own observations it isn't. Most girls I know who are stunning get asked out more than average looking or below average looking girls. On sites like this one and other ones I go to though, I've seen the opposite. A girl I know is beautiful and treats her boyfriends like crap is never single for long, and she is always the one doing the dumping. A lot of people will say personality is more important, but not in her case. She is a bitch to these guys but they want her anyway. She is extremely gorgeous though.