Will I ever be able to get a guy who currently has a girlfriend?

I've liked this guy for a while but he has a girlfriend at the moment. A few months ago we met up and ended kissing and stuff so he cheated on his girlfriend with me. We took a break from each other and haven't talked for a while but I can't seem to get over him. Should I let it go or should I try and wait for him to be available or convince him to break up with his girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• Let it go. Shame on you for allowing him to kiss you when he's currently with someone else. He's an asshole for kissing you.

• Rule #5 never pursue a relationship with somebody you took from another. They will do the same thing to you.
    Please move on and be with somebody who is about you.
    That is fucked up that you would even want this guy, I have cheated and what you and him are going through WILL not go anywhere. He's with her for a reason just like he is only fucking you for a reason. Filling your head with a bunch of sweet nothing. All your doing to your self is decreasing your value as a woman. Sharing penis? I bet he's fucking you raw too just like he's doing his GIRLFRIEND... your dirty, clean your self up. -bighearted

• maybe..., but you shouldn't.

• Looking the way u do, I don't see why not

• So should I wait for him to be single?

• General rule is yes, let's skip the being respectful to her thing.. If he cheats on her with u.. It'll become easier to cheat later again with the next.. Don't let him form a habit

I know few cheaters and it gets easier for them every new girl

• I know you probably won't believe me but he's not usually like that and I think it was maybe just a one off situation

• Wow, he leaves his girlfriend for you then his lips end up on another female's. Go for it.

• It's ok to go after a guy you're interested in even if he is taken. Unless you're friends with his current girl. Then jus wait it out

• by get you better mean sex. Cuz he's never going to be in a faithful relationship, not even with his current girl

• Well obviously he's not in a faithful relationship with his current girl, and what do you mean get better?

• NO YOU can't ! lol

• Hahah already have and I'm loving it

• so you want to pursue a taken guy? lololol.. ok..

• Honestly, you should tell him how you feel, it sounds like you have strong feelings for him and are obviously into him, was the hook up a drunken thing? How do you guys know each other?

• And why do you want this guy if you know he has a g/f?

• Don't get into trouble,,, she may fire u

• What I think sundar meant is that if you took him from his girlfriend, don't be surprised if another girl steals him from you.

• Yes I know and I wouldn't be surprised

• Tell him how you fell and let him make the decision. Meanwhile, don't cheat

• Who wants to be second best

• I might not always be second best though

• Right now I'm nothing actually

• No baby thats where your wrong you ate everything, men will throw themselves at you if your patient

• You're just the other woman... I hope his girlfriend smacks you around a little

• His girlfriend doesn't know and will never find out actually

• Touche

• Well maybe you should think, if he has a girlfriend and cheated with you, who's to say IF you did get together he wouldn't do the same.

What Girls Said 9

• You should let it go. If he can cheat on her, he can cheat on you. There's no point in being with (or in your case, pining for) a guy like that. Also, trying to convince someone to break up with the person they're with is really shitty. That's the kind of thing that will come back and bite you in the ass. It's the same as the cheating thing. If he can be convinced to break up with her, he can be convinced to break up with you. He has no respect for her, no morals. Bad boyfriend material. You're better off finding someone who's single, someone with better morals.

• Thanks but there are zero available dateable guys where I live

• yes, and it's very clear she's not giving a rat's ass about people telling her he's going to cheat again. And by now i'd say you've said it so many times she've tought about it and made her mind.

But if you insist on being so judgmental and closed minded on the subject, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you.

• He's never cheated before me

• Are you kidding me right now?
    blog.svd.se/.../16_DEADPAN.jpg
    No just no, just no..

• Lmao can't wait until you come back whining about how he cheated on you and how supposedly all guys are jerks.

Since you're a shitty person and he's a shitty person, you two deserve each other. Let me know when your episode of Maury is on. :3

• I would expect him to cheat on me but thank you I will definitely let you know

• Why would you do that? That's just not right plus karma Is a bitch

• I know the consequences but I still can't get over him

• You're underage that's it I don't give a fuck if you're underage in life... Bye I'm tired of your replying and senseless questions

• Oh well thanks miss maturity

• Get over him, convincing him to break up with his gf isn't a way to start a relationship cuz if you're able to convince him then tomm another girl will be able to convince him to dump you for her. And if I were you, I wouldn't want to be a home wrecker either way. So think about it, and it would be better to let it go.

• Okay thanks, so I couldn't just wait for him to be single?

• Yeah don't wait for him and don't hook up with him or anything either, otherwise he would only come to you for hook up nothing else and I believe you want to be more than that. Plus your supporting him to cheat which is not good, what if he does the same to you? If he cheats now, more likely will continue to cheat. Maybe one day he will realize how bad it is to cheat but it's not anytime soon. Well, whatever you decide, good luck with it!

• U should totally back off, this situation never ends well and is a recipe for a broken heart

• Also if he really liked u wouldn't he have dumped her already, u are being played big time

• Yes it's a horrible thing to go through. U and I deserve someone who really likes us! Remember that

• Yes we really do ! Thank you I will

• Oh my god, why do girls want to get a guy who cheats? Is it the whole "I can change him" thing? Believe me, he didn't cheat because you were special. He cheated because he's a lying pig.

• I don't think I can change him, but I do know what he's like and I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated on me but in afraid I like him too much to just let him go

• Girl, let it go.

• Probably not but does his gf know?

• No nobody knows

• This is wrong but if you really want him, tell his girlfriend or hook up with him and get proof that he cheated with you. Then show the evidence to her.