Does dating get easier for a short guy over time?

I am 18 and I am 5'4. I've asked plenty of girls out and the answer I always get is either "oh sorry, you're just not my type" or "sorry, I'm attracted to taller guys.. No offense." I always laugh it off at the time, but at the end of the day I'm always alone with a pain in my chest and a feeling of loneliness.
I know some people have a type, but I personally don't. I'm mentioning this because some people will assume I'm just asking out the most attractive girl in the room and wonderig why she says no. That is not the case. I mean, 'm not a big fan of girls who are over weight (to an unhealthy degree), but other than that I don't mind too much.

I'm as attractive as I will ever be. I dress nicely, I'm in shape, I'm smart, attend a good university, and I think I have a good personality.

Is it just that younger girls are more superficial? I mean will it get better, or is this just how it's going to be forever?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I am attracted to tall guys too, but my best friend loves short guys. Everyone has different preferences, but there's still people who will be attracted to you. Just be yourself. I definitely think as you get older you'll realize this more. In high school I thought I was so unattractive because of other flaws and then I grew up and realized they aren't really flaws at all, but make up who I am. Just be kind to others.

What Girls Said 1

• "I always laugh it off at the time, but at the end of the day I'm always alone with a pain in my chest and a feeling of loneliness."

This kind of broke my heart a little. I'd love to tell you that it will get better, but honestly, height ranks pretty highly on most of my friends (as well as my) must-have lists.

What Guys Said 1

• Genetic inferiority... That superficiality, if that's what you want to call it, does not fade. Do not worry for a woman who is 4'11" will still look up to you! Get it? You're short. Look up? No? Shit.