Can it still be considered a date if he has to bring his younger sibling?

I've only dated 'only-child' types and college friends and I was wondering when going on a date and the guy says if we go out this weekend in particular, that he might have to bring his younger sib. I said it was fine without thinking it through. So I'm asking is it still a date?

• Yes! still a date
  • No! Its just going out as friends.
Were planning on going to the movies by the way and the little sib wants to see the movie too.
* thanks for the tips guys. Date's being rescheduled due to work shifts. Hope this turns out great, even if were going out as friends in end run.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, no romance or adult talk involved! My god, you won 'to be able to do anything !

• We were just planning on going to see a movie and his younger bro wants to see the movie too.

• It was a great film but went at a crowded theatre at opening night so I couldn't hear a lot of scenes that well. and some guy had his foot on a stand that was in front of him ( I sat behind him) and it blocked my view so half of the movie I saw his foot more than the film.

• Well, i guess I'm just lucky to live where the theatre isn't crowded.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah it still be considered a date just with an extra person.

• Yes. Do you feel uncomfortable around his family? IF you do, maybe next time insist that you do something together without anyone else.

• I never met his family before. If he's a family guy maybe this is a tester for him.

• Sure. Why not?

• It's a total buzz kill is what it is.

What Girls Said 2

• If you two take it as a date. I wouldn't...

• i do think it's still a date! some boys bring his sib just to see your reaction, how you act, the way you handle the situation and stuff and there'll be a serious conversation too at the space while his little sib busy with him self.