I like older guys more than guys my age (15), is that a problem?

I know I'm young, but I'm more attracted to older guys, and I get a lot of attention from them. I know now that I shouldn't be having sex with them, and I don't. So why does everyone tell me I'm doing a bad thing, or that i'm acting/becoming "slutty?"

These are guys that are in college, so they are around 20+ years

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not uncommon for young women to like older men. It is very common in fact, so don't feel guilty.
    As for you getting looks from them, it is natural as well - especially considering that you are a beautiful girl. You look very much like a young Jayne Kennedy and she was a GODDESS in her day.

What Guys Said 15

• I think this is normal. Girls (on average) seem to be more attracted to older men. Nothing really to worry about here.

One question though: How are you meeting many men in their 20s if you're only 15? Since you cannot even drive yet, I find it difficult you're frequently running into men that are this much older than you...

• I'm really close with my cousins and she's in college, so I hang out with her and her friend softer which is where I meet and get to know older guys

• you're not the only 15 yo girl that prefer older dudes

• In this era of progressivism it's really hard to tell what is right and wrong anymore.

• LOL at the female answers. Look at their ages.

You are probably a majority.

• whoa, 20+? That's way out of your maturity zone. You are still growing and maturing, which is the biggest thing.

• How much older is older?

I'm 17 and I would date girls who are 15 and have a lot of friends who do date 15 year olds.

• My gf Is 20 and I'm 24, I'm assuming she likes old men as well ;)

• you're going to get lots of guys in trouble jailbait

• I could certainly be a problem for the older guy at least until you are of age.

• Nothing wrong with liking older guys.. Just be careful!

• You can like older guys, as long as you ain't foolin' with them until the age of 18.

• young girls are always into older guys, just make sure you're not dating a player :)

• Its OK as long as there not older than Hugh Hefner

• Girls love matured guys so it's normal!

• It's wrong because they can easily take advantage of you and you can have a life changing experience. Young girls of 15 years old aren't mature enough to make proper decisions that's why its illegal in so many places. It's fine that YOU don't want to have sex But trust me THEY don't have the same wish, they want to have sex with you and you being a ignorant highschooler you're perfect for manipulation. In your mind you may not be a slut but in the guys mind they will make you into one. Stick to guys your own age before you ruin your life.

What Girls Said 9

• "I know now that I shouldn't be having sex with them, and I don't."

Thankyouthankyouthankyou
    Finally a teen with morals

And to answer your question, it's because you're under 18. Those college guys are fully-fledged adults. Not only is there a significant difference in maturity (this isn't debatable), it's likely illegal. They could go to jail for being with you.

• Okay, honestly I believe most girls 18 and under are attracted to "older guys," myself included, but you should know nothing can happen unless it is legal. So you wonder why people think you are becoming slutty? Think about it, most people think that the first thing a girl do when they have an "older guy" is have sex... What do most sluts do? Have sex. Also by wanting "older guys" most would believe that you want to grow up too fast.

During this whole monologue, I've been quoting "older guys." This reason is that most "older guys" may look "older" and dress with maturity but their mentality can still be of one of a teenager. So be careful :)

• I'm 14 and I like older guys too. Age is just a number so I say as long as u get along and won't have sex I think everything's ok.

• I've been through this before, I'm actually getting counseling for it. All I can advise is that liking isn't bad but actually dating/talking to them is what you aren't mature enough for. No matter what you think. Sorry

• Yes i'm attracted to some older guys too. It's not a lot but in my school I always like guys in the year above.

• How much older?

• Not at all, I like older guys and have for a long time.

• Girls mature before boys so its natural to like older guys

• I completely agree with you on that older men are way more attractive i'm personally under 18 and i get what you're saying just be really careful when it comes to having sex you seem smart so i dont think you'll run into any trouble