Why does my boyfriend keep offering to buy me stuff?

I don't have much money and he knows this. I never accept but he keeps doing it when I mention I want something.

Most Helpful Guy

• To make you happy. He knows that you want something, knows you can't afford it and he can, so he takes the logical step and offers to spare some money to brighten your day. Buying people presents is fun ^^

What Guys Said 2

• Because he cares.

• Because he likes you, not that hard to understand really.

What Girls Said 3

• a lot of men seem to believe the utmost form of affection is done by spending.
    it's like, here are 2 necklaces, which basically look the same, but because one is $100, it means i love u more than if i got u the $30 one-.-

to any guys: YES, it's true.

maybe you can subtly direct him to other forms of affection. it's amazing how ur tiny actions can move him along. for example, u could hold his hand and say something like 'these are my fave kinds of moments'. or say u come to a store, and something REALLY simple catches ur eye. u purchase it and say something like 'now THIS, this is my kinda thing'. u know?

just get a message across without being direct: u like the simple life with affection that isn't purely or mostly materialistic. if he gets the message u should notice a change=]

• by the way i should add, this is in no way manipulative. because some people seem to take anything and turn it against us, when we're marly trying to make things work.

• He wants to be nice maybe he feels your mentioning it as a hint so he is offering

• But I never take him up on the offers...

• Not like $80 stuff. I feel like I'd owe him.

• Pick out something cheaper then

• Maybe he's compensating for something.