Would you date somone taller or shorter than you?

Guy- Would you date a girl that is at least 5 inches or more taller than you?

Girls- Would you date a guy that is at least 5 inches or more shorter than you?

And if not, why?

Updates:
Am just asking, because my best friend has this guy who is so good to her, but wouldn't date him because he is shorter than her.

0|0
11|20

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'4, I have no problem dating taller (or shorter) girls. I never have dated a taller girl because they generally have a problem with it. Most (pretty much all) girls want to date a guy who is at least 6 inches taller than her, because they still want him to be taller when she wears heels. Whereas most guys wouldn't care too much.

I would love to date a girl who was 5" taller, I still wouldn't mind if she wore 6" heels on top of that. It may make some guys feel emasculated, but I'm comfortable enough with my manhood lol.

1|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I am 5'1, so most guys are taller than me and I was just asking to know people's opinion on it, but to be honest no.

• It sucks to be a short man haha.

What Guys Said 19

• I would, I've dated someone who was my height but chose to wear heels. I didn't really care, but i do admit it was a little embarrassing to kiss in public lol. So whenever i got a chance to have her wear flats, i took it.
    For taller girls, its not her fault she's taller, she probably wants to be shorter, so i don't give her crap about it, personality trumps all.

0|0
    0|0
  • that would make her 7ft even... probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is chemistry, there is chemistry. Height is not crucial. however, I do like shorter girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • I probably would.

0|1
    0|0
  • it would deter me but if i came to know her better and really liked her, it wouldn´t be a problem if she was ok with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see myself dating a girl taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would I don't mind

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 inches or more? Whew! That's tall, since I'm 6'1". Would I date her? Sure! As long as she is a great person, height doesn't matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes, gimme those weird girls!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, although I'd be worried that I might not be able to satisfy her.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sexually? Dude she's tall not a giant haha

• Yes, seriously, because with a tall girl, she may also have a bigger ass, so, doing it doggie style, you might fall out. Also, her G-spot might be further inside so hitting hit may be more difficult. It all depends on the couple... Personally, I like tall girls and they are a turn on, but I also like women of all heights too.

• I'm shorter than average and would have no problem dating a woman who was taller. I have found a lot of women have this issue with shorter men. I didn't think it was uncommon at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5inches shorter: yes
    3inches taller: yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, I don't know why but there is something just sexy about being tall and I'm about 5'11 6'0

0|0
    0|0
  • I would... Height isn't a consideration for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 incges taller hell no
    shorter hell yes
    im 6'2
    so anything greater than 5'5 is great for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only date someone I can kiss without a stepladder.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind at all

0|0
    0|0
  • She's to be shorter without heels, taller with them. Kind of a fetish of mine. Not the heels themselves, just the fact that she would be taller than me with them on. So you're wondering, well, how many inches heels do I need to wear... well, how ever many you want, right? I mean if I'm between 55" and 5'8" and you're 5'7" let's say, then you would only have to wear 2" heels (assuming I'm most likely 5'8", I don't know, I haven't measured in a while"). It just depends, is all. But, I see you chose best answer already, so, my answer is of no use

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• It's funny you should mention This Particular short or tall topic, Debbiexoxo, because the friend that I met a few weeks ago is just My height, not one tiny bit Anything Over.
    I have always been considered short, 5'3 and a half inches, so I never Ever had a problem with being with Anyone Shorter than me. However, my first time Ever being with a guy who is just my height... we look cute together like two Tom Thumbs... this is Thumbs up for me.
    I have to be honest, if he was even a couple of inches Shorter than This, I might find it a bit of a turn off, no matter how sexy he was and how sizzling the chemistry was between us. Call me vain but it probably would make me feel a bit uncomfortable and not fit nor sit well with me. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • ok this is one of few things I'm superficial about. i can't date a man shorter than me. I'm sorry ok?

and I'm 5'3" so it really shouldn't be much of a problem=/

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm only 5'2 so thats a no... lololol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... no. That's getting into the 4' range and that's just not okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yikes, well to be superficially honest... I don't think I would. I'm about 5'6/5'7... soo I'd rather be the one that feels small and well I want to feel protected right? Unless, we hit it off and it's like a magical connection and you know all that stuff then sure. But I have yet to meet anyone that short that i was interested in, let alone have someone show interest in me in the first place LOL.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 inches shorter than me would be 4'10 haha so no, I can't say that I'd date someone that much shorter. I would feel like a giant and I'm only 5'3. I like feeling smaller than the person I'm dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already short so I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 4'11 so 5 inches taller would be really short, couldn't do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • tall guys >>>

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know any guys 5 inches shorter than I am. I've had guys think I'm too tall, though and I'm only 5'7. You can't force attraction. For some people height (or petiteness) is a big attraction factor. For others, it could be weight, scent, smile, etc. Dating without attraction isn't a great idea. But if it's an area you can be flexible on, doing so gives you more options.

0|0
    0|0
  • No cuz I'm short and I don't like to hang around short people cuz it makes me feel insecure about how short I am

0|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn't being with someone shorter make you feel taller?

• No, it should but it makes me feel way shorter