Would you date somone taller or shorter than you?

Guy- Would you date a girl that is at least 5 inches or more taller than you?

Girls- Would you date a guy that is at least 5 inches or more shorter than you?

And if not, why?

Am just asking, because my best friend has this guy who is so good to her, but wouldn't date him because he is shorter than her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'4, I have no problem dating taller (or shorter) girls. I never have dated a taller girl because they generally have a problem with it. Most (pretty much all) girls want to date a guy who is at least 6 inches taller than her, because they still want him to be taller when she wears heels. Whereas most guys wouldn't care too much.

I would love to date a girl who was 5" taller, I still wouldn't mind if she wore 6" heels on top of that. It may make some guys feel emasculated, but I'm comfortable enough with my manhood lol.

• I am 5'1, so most guys are taller than me and I was just asking to know people's opinion on it, but to be honest no.

• It sucks to be a short man haha.

What Guys Said 19

• I would, I've dated someone who was my height but chose to wear heels. I didn't really care, but i do admit it was a little embarrassing to kiss in public lol. So whenever i got a chance to have her wear flats, i took it.
    For taller girls, its not her fault she's taller, she probably wants to be shorter, so i don't give her crap about it, personality trumps all.

• that would make her 7ft even... probably not.

• If there is chemistry, there is chemistry. Height is not crucial. however, I do like shorter girls.

• I probably would.

• it would deter me but if i came to know her better and really liked her, it wouldn´t be a problem if she was ok with it.

• I don't see myself dating a girl taller than me.

• Yes I would I don't mind

• 5 inches or more? Whew! That's tall, since I'm 6'1". Would I date her? Sure! As long as she is a great person, height doesn't matter to me.

• Hell yes, gimme those weird girls!!!

• Absolutely, although I'd be worried that I might not be able to satisfy her.

• Sexually? Dude she's tall not a giant haha

• Yes, seriously, because with a tall girl, she may also have a bigger ass, so, doing it doggie style, you might fall out. Also, her G-spot might be further inside so hitting hit may be more difficult. It all depends on the couple... Personally, I like tall girls and they are a turn on, but I also like women of all heights too.

• I'm shorter than average and would have no problem dating a woman who was taller. I have found a lot of women have this issue with shorter men. I didn't think it was uncommon at all.

• 5inches shorter: yes
    3inches taller: yes

• No, not at all.

• Yes I would, I don't know why but there is something just sexy about being tall and I'm about 5'11 6'0

• I would... Height isn't a consideration for me.

• 5 incges taller hell no
    shorter hell yes
    im 6'2
    so anything greater than 5'5 is great for me

• I would only date someone I can kiss without a stepladder.

• I don't mind at all

• She's to be shorter without heels, taller with them. Kind of a fetish of mine. Not the heels themselves, just the fact that she would be taller than me with them on. So you're wondering, well, how many inches heels do I need to wear... well, how ever many you want, right? I mean if I'm between 55" and 5'8" and you're 5'7" let's say, then you would only have to wear 2" heels (assuming I'm most likely 5'8", I don't know, I haven't measured in a while"). It just depends, is all. But, I see you chose best answer already, so, my answer is of no use

What Girls Said 11

• It's funny you should mention This Particular short or tall topic, Debbiexoxo, because the friend that I met a few weeks ago is just My height, not one tiny bit Anything Over.
    I have always been considered short, 5'3 and a half inches, so I never Ever had a problem with being with Anyone Shorter than me. However, my first time Ever being with a guy who is just my height... we look cute together like two Tom Thumbs... this is Thumbs up for me.
    I have to be honest, if he was even a couple of inches Shorter than This, I might find it a bit of a turn off, no matter how sexy he was and how sizzling the chemistry was between us. Call me vain but it probably would make me feel a bit uncomfortable and not fit nor sit well with me. xx

• ok this is one of few things I'm superficial about. i can't date a man shorter than me. I'm sorry ok?

and I'm 5'3" so it really shouldn't be much of a problem=/

• I'm only 5'2 so thats a no... lololol

• Yeah... no. That's getting into the 4' range and that's just not okay.

• Yikes, well to be superficially honest... I don't think I would. I'm about 5'6/5'7... soo I'd rather be the one that feels small and well I want to feel protected right? Unless, we hit it off and it's like a magical connection and you know all that stuff then sure. But I have yet to meet anyone that short that i was interested in, let alone have someone show interest in me in the first place LOL.

• 5 inches shorter than me would be 4'10 haha so no, I can't say that I'd date someone that much shorter. I would feel like a giant and I'm only 5'3. I like feeling smaller than the person I'm dating.

• I'm already short so I don't think so.

• I'm 4'11 so 5 inches taller would be really short, couldn't do it.

• tall guys >>>

• I don't know any guys 5 inches shorter than I am. I've had guys think I'm too tall, though and I'm only 5'7. You can't force attraction. For some people height (or petiteness) is a big attraction factor. For others, it could be weight, scent, smile, etc. Dating without attraction isn't a great idea. But if it's an area you can be flexible on, doing so gives you more options.

• No cuz I'm short and I don't like to hang around short people cuz it makes me feel insecure about how short I am

• Wouldn't being with someone shorter make you feel taller?

• No, it should but it makes me feel way shorter