Guys, what stops you from asking a girl out?

So you like a girl and are attracted to her. She may be a friend or a girl you know. If you like her what stops you from asking her out? A lot of guys are attracted to a girl but I don't get why they don't just ask her out.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I feel like we can't relate to each other, I like rap she likes country music. Also sometimes a girl may be to good for me.

What Guys Said 8

• Fear... fear of rejection, fear of not getting what we want, fear of failure. Usually is the result of growing up in an unloving environment. It comes from insecurity.

But overcoming that fear is important, because what you fear, you attract. eg: A guy is in a club, and finds a woman attractive. He wants to talk to her, but fears he won't get anywhere with her, so he doesn't talk to her. At the end of the night, she walks past him as she leaves, and he doesn't get a chance with her. The opportunity was missed, because he fears the possible outcome of rejection, or failure. He attracted what he feared.

• I found whats stopped me most is not knowing if she is already taken or not. I hate to ask if she is taken or not. If I find out I'll make a move but not until I know lol

• Cowardly, wretched, basic...

fear.

:(

• Sometimes it's the fact that I am emotionally abusive empty shell of a human. Ethics!

• I don't like feelings of rejection. So, I say only when i am sure that the girl will give weightage and will take it as really something not be ignored.

• Can I go out with you?

• Good friend's ex or sister or just not brave enough to ask (might not know her well enough).

• When we can't relate and has no common ground to talk about and are feelings do not align

• i dont have sex anymore. too risky

What Girls Said 0