Can I continue seeing other people?

2 years ago I met this guy Z. I fell in love with this guy and he fell for me but 2 years ago he had a girlfriend. A lot of drama happened because of that situation. But now he has a different girlfriend but he told me last night that he still loves me and he sees me as him perfect girl to be with. Well I would still date him but now isn't a good time. He is 4 years older than me and we would have to date when the age difference doesn't look so bad. He is also in the Navy so I wouldn't see him often. So he is just dating this girl to pass the time i guess. I finally and getting my friends with benefits back too. Is it okay to keep things going with the friends with benefits that I get to see, while he has a girlfriend who is far from him since she lives in a different state? I think its okay to do it because we aren't dating and he is dating someone else. Am I right?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Okay so 4 years really isn't anything. I made that mistake and regret it to this day. That said if he is dating on the side he will never be loyal to you. Move on with your life.

• Well we talked about it and we are both busy and we feel like if we dated now we would screw it up. He is faithful to his girlfriends but when it comes to me things get weird. We aren't doing anything we are just talking. He isn't dating on the side really because we have to wait at least 2 years maybe

• Just move on. Doesn't mean you can't be friends. But if he really wanted to be with you he would date you.

• Well I did move on for the most part. It was only when we talked that the feelings would come back. I dated a guy for a while and now Z can't date me really because of distance and a few other things.

• Yes, you are right. He has a girlfriend and you can't wait for him forever. It's totally ok.

• All of this information is irrelevant. You are a single girl, go do single girl shit

What Girls Said 2

• You two aren't dating so you shouldn't limit yourself by waiting for him because who knows when/if he'll be single again.

• Well he told me that what ever happens now doesn't really matter because in the end he sees me being with him. It just isn't the right time. Even if he was single it wouldn't be the right time

• You're right:) but if u guys really do "love" each other as u so put it, why are you still seeing other people?

• The timing isn't right. For the past 2 years it hasn't been right. He had a girlfriend and I was single. then I was taken and he wasn't. now he is taken and I'm not. I do love him but its still awhile to wait to be with him. I don't know what is going to happen in those years till we can date.

• Well in my opinion I say just go ahead and date whoever u want to date and maybe if the time is right you guys will end up together... don't go waiting around for something that may or may not happen