Is it normal to feel so nervous and want to find excuse not to go on a date? But you really like this person?

I met this guy at a local band concert and he was the lead singer I didn't know until I saw him and his band perform.. we have been talking for 5 days texting more than anything because we live in different cities. We text all day: morning and night and our last conversation is around 2:00 in the morning and continues 9:00 in the morning. Yesterday he asked me out and I said yes because I really enjoyed texting him and it will be nice to get to know him more in person instead of talking on the phone or texting. I'm extremely nervous because I'm afraid he might not like me and I never been on a date and I'm afraid I might act weird.
Any tips?
By the way I'm a Christian and he's in a death metal band, he knows and he likes to call me a goody 2 shoes a lot but he laughs and thinks it's cute. I don't know why I feel so nervous.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should do it, go on that date! I bet you'll have a lot of fun! The first step towards getting more comfortable around guys to go out there and give it your all, no matter how nervous you are. Just try to relax, be yourself, and I'm sure the two of you will have a fun night. Don't worry yourself so much!

• I feel better about this now, I overthink a lot that's the problem about me and then it gets to me and I will definitely remember this and to be myself and relax and thank you so much!! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Being nervous is leading you to trying to find an excuse. Don't do it. It's normal to get nervous. Just go on this date and enjoy it.

• It's the feeling of love hun. Go on the date, I promise you'll do fine. Everyone's been there at one point in life.

• as a guy i can say I've felt this way about going out with a girl. but at the end you dont want to be sitting there wondering what wouldve happened. go for it.

• I overthink a lot because 1 I'm not the type of girl that is attractive or anything and it was overwhelming me because I wasn't use to it... and I completely understand and will go for it. Thank you

What Girls Said 1

• Yes but you're a total flakeout. Excuses