Things to do on first dates?

On a first date should you go in for the kiss and what signs should I look for? And what other stuff should I do

Most Helpful Girl

• First date little notes:
    * Do not go fo a kiss unless you see signs that she want to kiss you. Ex: Bitting her lip and staring at your mouth. Or just staring at you mouth.
    * Be a gentleman!!! Hold the door open for when like going to a restaurant and get the car door for her.
    * Ask about herself, her faves, her dislikes.
    * Be funny!!! I love a guy who is funny.
    * Be real. Show her that you really like her. Be yourself!!

First Date Wheres:
    * A local park for a walk
    * A nice restaurant, not too fancy!
    * A cinema showing a nice movie. Go for a comedy, something both of you guys can laugh about.
    * The zoo.
    Those are just some ideas I can think of right now. If you're of a romantic, and the things that I have listed above aren't your thing, go for it. But if you really don't know, ask her where she want to go. Insist upon it, but if she truly doesn't know and you don't know, just go to the cinema and grab some food after.

be warned that this may not work for you or anyone else. what is guaranteed is that being yourself well get the best outcome wherever you go and whatever you do. GOODLUCK!!! :)
    ~LMP

What Girls Said 20

• If she's looking straight at your face for a long time and hasn't said a word for a while, or if she applies lip balm/chapstick obsessively, or if she offers you gum, I think she's ready for a kiss. Massages also make girls relaxed about kissing, even if they weren't before. But honestly, ask how she feels. "Would you mind if I kissed you tonight?" Don't even make it immediate. "How do you feel about kissing on first dates?" So if she says it's okay, you can kiss her right away, or even better, make her wait yearn for it, and surprise her with it later.

• There are soooo many things that could go wrong on a first date. Personally I might find it a bit odd if a guy leaned in for a kiss on the first date... maybe not if I really liked him or knew him previously. Dating is about getting to know what you like and are looking for, so keep that in mind. :)

• I also vote for the MH
    but in keeping it simple enough to remember under pressure...

think about her
    then do what appears suitable to do that would please her
    if a mistake is made = sorry, then give reason why you thought it good for her = forgiveness

can't think of a thing to do?
    try another gal next date = better chemistry

• do something that lets you communicate, usually not a movie in a theater since you have to be quiet.
    one of you can teach the other something, which is always fun. maybe something like pool, chess, even ice skating if you life near a rink. anything that puts you in position either to touch or be in close proximity.

• Take her out to dinner, bowling, go for ice cream, but don't take her to the cinema the first and second date because you need to choose a place where u both can talk and get to know each other more. As for the kiss, well, guys generally go for it at the end of the date, but personally, i think that's too cliche, be different ;) And make it short without tongue, and after kissing her, look at her smiling.

• I really wanna ask my crush out on a date, since her birthday is coming up this week, but I don't know how she'll react to this...

• Well we, girls, love guys and would love to have a good time with our crush on a bday

• I think it depends on the girl if she wants to kiss on the first date or not. But if she's looking and smiling at you when you talk that's really good. Also, if she's talking a lot, that means she's comfortable so thats good. I think going to the movies and diner is fine. Or even just going for a walk somewhere. I thought my first date was gonna be super awkward but it wasn't at all! You'll do great:)

• Hmm, I haven't gone on a date yet.. but if it were me I probably would enjoy doing some of activity. Usually doing something can fill any awkward moments or silences (me for especially) and i'd feel more comfortable than say going out to eat or something if i dont know the guy too well. So, I don't know go see a movie, go to the mall, skating, a museum even. And as for a kiss, i'd personally find it too bold if he tried to kiss me but then again, I've never experienced it and if i really liked the guy then i wouldn't mind it. If she's looking at your lips while you talk and back into your eyes back and forth, smiling, and there's like a linger or a short pause.. then id go for the kiss haha

• Ok, kissing on the first date all depends on 1. How long you've known each other, 2. How well the date went, and 3. The chemistry between you and the other person. If the date was a hit and by the time you've walked her/him to their door you're lookin at each other like 😍 kissing will be highly acceptable. As a female I usually glace at my guy's lips to let him know I'm waiting on my kisses.

• For a first date, I'd say go get coffee or something simple like that. I'd suggest not doing anything more than that puts way too much pressure on both of you.

I'd also suggest not trying to kiss her on the first date. Also, whenever you decide you want to try kissing her, I HIGHLY suggest asking her first.

• For a first date I think that it's best to be doing something. You could go bowling, skating, ice skating, and I don't know what else because that's all we have where I live. You could also go see a movie then go get something to eat.

• I would do something that is active and allows avoiding awkward conversation, but is still a tiny bit romantic. A bike ride through the park may be about perfect. Kisses just happen, they can't be planned.

• Don't kiss her on the first date.

• Hmmm I've never been on a date but I believe it's ok to go for a kiss

• It depend do u want it to last or just a fuck buddy / one night stand if u want something real be amusing but wait it out if u want a fuck bud kiss fuck etc

• If her eyes linger on your lips and she holds eye contact. Then just lean in. Don't ask for permission. A woman loves a man that can take charge.

• It all depends on the way each of u feels. You will know what's rite to do.

• look into her eyes, and tell her how beautiful she is.

• I personally think that watching a movie together on 1st. date is a bad idea.

• If she starts playing with your man bits I think that's potentially a good sign.
    Otherwise just pick up her spoon and start licking it really seductively at the dinner table but like totally silently and don't blink whilst you do that.

That should do the trick

• Alright this might be crazy lol but do u actually think this will work

• Don't kiss her yet. It's only the fist date!
    I think you should go someplace where you can have a good conversation and learn about each other. Having fun is important too, I suppose, but I think it's equally - if not more - important to get to know each other first.

What Guys Said 15

• bro let break it down like this.. you can get any girl u wish in 3 dates :

first date:
    make sure you dress up well i mean really good then take her in a good car to a fancy resturant it shouldn't be that expensive just a great place and at that night its all about her what she does her hobbies what she likes and say some good things about her like how great person she is.. etc

Second date :
    go for a coffee then a long walk wither at the park or the beach and the same talk about her more and the point of the second date is to show her u are more than a friend and thats by holding her hand and putting your arms around her shoulder

Third date:
    its when the majic happens and the best place is to go to a place where you can dance together and get attached to her and then boom you can get what ever you want

Note: do kiss her during the first two dates that will make her think why all guys do that but not him that will make her get cooked in a warm fire
    plus dont be like who you are what if she didn't like who you are then she will just move on and it will be your lost after the third date then u will know wither u still want this girl or she's not the one

• When I was your age it was "understood" you would at least get a good night kiss. But times have changed even for us older guys. I have had a couple of women where I didn't get a kiss until the 3rd date, and that was at my age.
    Just be a gentleman. Get the door. be attentive. Listen more instead of talking but it is ok to talk if she is the quiet type.
    If you have known her for a while and you have been "friends" a while before the date there is a better chance she will be ok with a kiss on the first date. if you just asked her out without knowing her then sometimes it is better to wait until the 2nd date. But if she is holding your hand, putting her arm around you or otherwise hanging on you then you should probably go for it. If you see her pull away even a little just stop and act like it didn't happen.
    you might get really lucky and have her kiss you. I love it when that happens. so far half the women I have dated since my divorce have kissed me first.

• First date is all about finding out as much as possible about the other person. Restaurant is the perfect scene. Go in for the kiss at the end if there's enough chemistry between you two. But if you don't kiss on the first date, from my past experience, there isn't much point in date number two. If you don't kiss on the first date, you're going to get friend zoned, this is a mistake I've made on a few occasions. Its a real buzzkill and I don't see why women think friend zoning is a nice thing to do. Its absolute torture.

• I agree with some of the comments. Don't go for the movies. You need to talk, have fun and make it memorable. Not sitting in the dark saying nothing :)

• If she laughs and smiles stares at you a lot lick her lips etc then when the moment is right get close to her caress her face look at her in eyes from left to right then look at her lips and go in slowly then boom goes the dynamite...

• Do not kiss, get to know each other by letting each one of you have enough time to talk about yourself, never act too nice or too rough.

• I like what TannerBear has to say.

• Boundaries are set by the Lady & a Gentleman respects her wishes. That being said a first date should be set upon neutral ground in public. Where it goes after that...

• Do something fun. Take her to a mini golf place or to a theme park. The kissing part is really sketchy. I'd say go for it if she's being touchy and really laughy.

• Push your face into her hair and inhale deeply.

• coffee... because its cheap I guess

• sexxxxxy timeeee

• Have sex and then have mourning sex, then have afternoon sex and repeat! lol

• Kisses come naturally.

• DON'T GO FOR THE KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Wait until number 2 at least number 1 is just like so you know that she wants to hang out with you as more than just friends. Number 2 is like you hang out at one of your houses go to like minigolf or something then you try and get a kiss but #1 just chill man be yourself make her like you go for the kiss in the second one :)