How can I help this?

Ever since i've been a little kid, i've been labeled as the absent minded, clumsy, daydreaming, quiet shy kid. My siblings aways pushed me around and because of that i felt stupid growing up and afraid to learn things. Im the middle child and the middle child Always gets ignored. So i lived me life in the shadows. Now im 22 and my siblings still see me as stupid, I've grown to believe that and now it takes a place in my life and school work, i lose concentration easily because im sad on how people see me. I know im fast strong and can also lead but people NEVER let me , especially my siblings they Always want to take the lead and never push me to do it because they think i ''cant'' in someway when i know i can, no one ever listens to me. Im extremely artistic, i can draw anything and anyone in a heartbeat, but that isn't going to take me far in life i feel, i want to be good at school. How can i start believing that im smart

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to sound so peppy and cliche but don't listen to the negative things people say about you. It's hard to believe in yourself when the people who are supposed to support you first (your family) are the ones who are causing you the most pain but you absolutely have to believe that you are not what they say you are. You know what, it happens. Some families bring you down and are the cause of your suffering. It's not all about family sometimes. You are worth something. You have your own unique qualities that make you special. Do you have friends at school? You should join an art club or something, you might develop your self-esteem in it among supportive and like-minded peers.

What you've got to do is simply let go of your fears. Just let go and go crazy. It sounds like you already have some confidence and self-awareness in your abilities, but fear is holding you back. Unleash your true self. Work hard at school - get good grades and take the lead in group projects and activities. Be friendly and nice. You're an amazing person!

What Guys Said 1

• You are going to have to move past your family issues and focus on being successful on your own.

What Girls Said 2

• This probably isn't the answer your looking for but: Most people have things in life that they must overcome to gain self worth and succeed. This is yours... so overcome it.

• If you believe that the only reason that you are not succeeding is because of what your family assumes you are then prove them wrong. Use that anger toward their attitude to drive you to succeed. They are not grading you so putting your all into your studies will prove to yourself that you can do it. You do not need to prove to your family as they do not matter with regards to your education. In your home life branch out and don't engage in activities which are going out of their way to ridicule and humiliate you. Do your own thing, follow your creativity and excel there. The satisfaction of creation is enough for someone who is artistic. It doesn't have to be a career just a passion.

Do not let the thoughts of others affect your happiness.