Is my girlfriend too old for me?

I am 25 years old and my girlfriend is 29 years old. This is my very first relationship. We are in different areas in our lives. She's a nurse and I'm a college student. Also, the sex is incredible! However, my mom and dad think she's too old for me. It's just a 4 year age difference. Is too old for me?

Most Helpful Girl

• She isn't too old for you. Your parents just see you as a young man still and she is approaching thirty (which there is NOTHING wrong with) but it shines light on the reality that you are a grown man.

SOmething to note in your relationship. Does she want to get married soon? Does she want children?

Some women at that age are thinking of those things, not all but some. So it would be a conversation to have that way you can make a mental note as too what you are looking for in a relationship.

• She has mentioned marriage. If it were up to me, I'd marry her today. That's probably the lust talking lmao.

• It went good. I'm meeting her parents tommorow.

• That is great!! I'm happy for you:)

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think she is. Sure, it's usually the other way around but no one has a problem when a man is five years older. 4 years is nothing, as long as you are happy, it's all that matters.

• Its only 4 years, you are of the same generation. As people get older the age gap becomes closer anyway.

• No. Wasn't she a waitress?

• do you feel that it is an issue?
    4 years is nothing, there are couples who have even wider age gap.

• Not at all. She's very experienced.

• then other people view isn't important. that includes parents they dont decide for us

• 4 years isn't bad

What Guys Said 2

• Four years is nothing.

Are your parents looking at this from a "we want grandkids" point of view? Maybe they're concerned that by the time you finish school and are ready for kids, she'll be too old in their eyes?

• no way this age difference is fine and don't let your parents interfere