Do you believe there is a power struggle in relationships? How do you go about it?

How do you go about bringing equality in relationships ( I am not talking about equality in sexes here)

I mean equality in terms of power... someone always wants to control how things are.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know about always, but frequently depending on personality types yes. And there are honestly quite a few articles in womens magazines that seem to make women think that unless they are dictator for life in a relationship they are a doormat. What a load of crap.

In my experience most power struggles either arise from misunderstandings, or lack of trust. For instance, the man doesn't like a decorating choice, tells the woman he wants to change it, she thinks he is trying to teat her like a door mat because, decorating is the womans domain, and he is a stupid man and if she ntertains this he will start dictating everyrhing in the relationship and she will loose all controll. (Both misunderstanding and lack of trust).

Misunderstandings are unavoidable, but can be limited with communication. Just make up learn from it and move on. As for trust that is trickier. I just try to remind myself that there is a reason im dating this person, and i trust her more than everyone else, and I remind her that she should do the same for me, and ignore all of those idiodic influences in many womens magazines. Often times they can be the female version of cheauvanistic sexist pigs.

What Guys Said 1

• Put those pants everybody talks about on first thing In the morning.

What Girls Said 0