Would you date an agnostic atheist?

Some people are really picky about who they date. Ad usually are really judgmental of atheist. So what do you guys think?

atheistic agnosticism. Ok, that's what I meant. Google it if you have to

Most Helpful Guy

• I did google it. Actually I have to thank you, that is basically the exact term I have been searching for for myself. I feel the same way! No problem with dating someone with those views!

What Guys Said 19

• whenitstrikesme.com/.../...+v+Atheist+v+Theist.png

Well going by this chart my answer would be yes since that's essentially what I am.

• If your first and formeost word you use to define yourself is "agnostic atheist" then yes, we'll have a problem. Not because you're agnostic atheist, but because you're defining yourself with a belief. We are not beliefs, we are people with personalities, looks, ups and downs... our beleif is just one small part of us.

• oh, before anyone ask. i'd feel the same if it was christian, muslim, jewish, pagan or any other form of belief too.

• look, red votes, i pissed off a few people. That means i hit a nerve, likely because they recognized themselves XD

• I'm an atheist, so that certainly wouldn't bother me. I'd date someone that believed in god as well as long as they weren't overly pushy about it.

• you can´t be both you can only be agnostic (not knowing if there is a god or not) or an atheist (there is no god) xD either way, i´d date you :P

• That's what I was going to post agnostic and atheist are two dif things all together.

• please excuse me i just researched and found that there seems to be an agnostic atheist which doesn´t beliece in god and additionally doesn´t think it´s knowable.

my lack of knowledge in conjunction with my premature correction of you question isn´t acceptable and i am sorry for that.

i personally think it doesn´t make much sense to even deal with the "provability" if you don´t even believe in a diety but i was still not right. however i´d still date a person who is like that XD

• Lol no worries. And thanks 😊

• No, because she'll think I'm an idiot and incessantly carpet bomb me with insults.

• Lol why do you think that?

• Oh ok. Jw. And all Christans are like that.

• Aren't like that* stupid phone won't let me say what I want.

• No, God and Jesus are very important to me.

• I'd date someone from any religion as longas tthey weren't an asshole about. You look like someone who could easily find someone to date.

• Lol why is that? But yeah, me too, I'm pretty open

• Yes I would and that's essentially what I am lol

• Yes, it's actually preferable. Also the people calling you out on being an agnostic atheist are wrong. There is no error in your original label. Agnosticism means a lack of knowledge, atheism means a lack of belief, they're not mutually exclusive.

• Yeah I would.

• I don't care as long as I don't have to go to church.

• Well, assuming that most people ARE atheists, it doesn't matter. And people don't always judge by religion.

• I don't really care what religion as long as you don't worship the devil lol, and as long as you treat me like a King and I am able to treat you like a queen. Everything else like religion is extra nonsense not needed for a relationship to work.

• Sure, I'm an Atheist. I'd date a christian to as long as they would let our children choose their own religion.

• If you questioned Gods existence then I could date you. But if you outright denied His existence then probably not. Unless you looked like a bikini model...

• Lol right. Ok

• Reason I say that is because I don't feel like debating DAILY. I agree with front2back, there's too much headache involved. This is why I prefer agnostic over atheist, and religious people are generally happier people.

• Lol no need to justify. Its fine

• Yes. I am one myself, and I have no problem discussing religion, I find it an interesting subject.

• Fellas, agnostics and atheists aren't mutually exclusive. It would take far longer than I care for to properly explain, but basically the word "agnosticism" comes from Greek "gnosis" meaning knowledge, thus "agnostic" means not having enough knowledge to come to a conclusion and atheism is a lack of belief, not an opposition to belief. You can be an agnostic theist too if you thought there was a higher power but recognize that you could be wrong. There's the grossly oversimplified take on things.

• Yay ^-^ thank you

• Haha, I do what I can! Best wishes.

• Awe, thanks love

• not until she makes up her mind, is she atheist or agnostic? those are two different things.

• You can be both at the same time, the labels refer to different things.

• Theism has to do with belief in god (s). Gnosticism has to do with what you know or claim to know. Yes, these are two different things, but they aren't mutually exclusive.

An agnostic atheist is a person who lacks a belief in god, but does not think we can know for certain whether a god exists or doesn't exist.

• Yes. But would you date a scientologist?

• I'm pretty open as long as you don't try and force your beliefs onto me

• @TheEmma I was just looking up what scientologists believe and ended up on a scientology myths website, they have my IP address, I'm probably fucked. The whole thing is creepy. "There is no worshipping of aliens found in Scientology scriptures. Nor does such worshipping take place informally." lol. Informally- round Frank and Martha's house after dinner and coffee! hahaha

• Ohh oops!

What Girls Said 10

• I would; it's my preference.

• Anybody that respects my point of view and doesn't judge it, or me, is fine with me... but I'd rather date an agnostic rather than a VERY extremely religious person, as they are the ones who tend to judge the most and frankly I find them rather scary... like they're crazy.. too much into religion, too judgmental over other religions and those who even kill because of religion.. it's awful... agnostic and moderately religious people are not crazy in my opinion.

• There's some people where I live ( they're Christian) and they like, have hate riots and "thank god for dead soldiers" stiff and demand Christianity be taught in all schools

• I'm agnostic so I don't really have a problem with any belief (or lack of belief) as long as they don't push their opinions down my throat.

• I'm an atheist and someone's religion doesn't matter to me. I won't be attracted because they haven't had a certain religion or not be attracted because they didn't have a certain religion. I've been attracted to atheists, christians, and buddhists. Religion is literally the last thing on my list of things to judge people for. Unless they're an asshole about it. I have my opinion and they have theirs and as long as they don't push it I don't have a problem.

• I'm not pious person also i'm not an atheist. If i really like him of course i can date, i can't intermeddle to his religious decisions..

• Nope, I'd only be with someone that shared the same belief as me.

• No I would not because I am religious
    And if he was like that he should know that he can't have me cause we will be so different (mindset wise)

• It's one detail though. Its not like he hates kids or something. He just doesn't believe in any deities

• I would. Because why not?

• Sure, I would.

• I wouldn't date outside my religion. Only because when I date, I date long term. And I'm raising my children under MY religion, nobody else's.