What is the most appealing accent to you?

Does an accent affect your first impression of someone? Which accent is the most appealing (sexy) to you?

• Southern
  • Western
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Other (please say)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I don't care about accents. Like, not at all. a person's diction and their use of syntax, however, that can do it for me.

With that said, who would vote for New Jersey accent over New York accent? LOL

• I'd say southern, but not to be prejudiced, if I can't understand you, it's no longer attractive.

• Yeah, the drawl can get a bit much sometimes lol. Sometimes I can't understand people in my own community haha.

• Boston accents take the cake. It's not because I'm from the area or anything..

• Nothing. But especially not southern.

• British and German...

• I love Scottish and any european accent... ESPECIALLY GERMAN. lol

• French- french girls are so hot.

• yes it affects first impressions like a southern accent i just think ignorant redneck conservatives
    if it's a California accent i just think of sun beaches and laid back
    if i here a Minnesota accent i think Sarah Palin
    i personally like California the best and western second because western is like the generic American accent so it just sounds proper if not spoken like a cowboy that is.

• Out of curiosity, why do you think ignorant redneck when you hear Southern?

• At least we have Vanderbilt and Duke. But sadly, our education is not the best : (

• it's ok though like i said it's just the stereotype and if i get to know the person and they aren't dumb i wouldn't even think about it.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm in love with London accent specifically, the London accent not the cockney one. The Southern/Western accent is very annoying. The Boston accent is a very interesting one. The Philippine accent can be quite funny. The Jamaican, Bermudian and Portuguese accent is calming.

• I have lived in the South my whole life so hearing a Southern accent feels normal and comforting to me.
    I have always liked how New York accents sound though, kinda hot.

• Amuurican Southern accents does it for me.

• The California accent...
    Mmmmmmm 😉

• i kinda like boston accents, or northern ones. im from new england lol. some southern accents are cute, as long as i can still understand them. usually it doesn't affect my first impression of someone

• Boston or Chicago

• a hispanic accent