What is the most appealing accent to you?

Does an accent affect your first impression of someone? Which accent is the most appealing (sexy) to you?

• Southern
    33% (5)31% (5)32% (10)Vote
  • Western
    13% (2)6% (1)10% (3)Vote
  • New Jersey
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • New York
    7% (1)6% (1)6% (2)Vote
  • Other (please say)
    47% (7)57% (9)52% (16)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
8|8

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I don't care about accents. Like, not at all. a person's diction and their use of syntax, however, that can do it for me.

With that said, who would vote for New Jersey accent over New York accent? LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say southern, but not to be prejudiced, if I can't understand you, it's no longer attractive.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, the drawl can get a bit much sometimes lol. Sometimes I can't understand people in my own community haha.

• Boston accents take the cake. It's not because I'm from the area or anything..

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. But especially not southern.

0|0
    0|0
  • British and German...

0|0
    0|0
  • I love Scottish and any european accent... ESPECIALLY GERMAN. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • French- french girls are so hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it affects first impressions like a southern accent i just think ignorant redneck conservatives
    if it's a California accent i just think of sun beaches and laid back
    if i here a Minnesota accent i think Sarah Palin
    i personally like California the best and western second because western is like the generic American accent so it just sounds proper if not spoken like a cowboy that is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Out of curiosity, why do you think ignorant redneck when you hear Southern?

• Show All
    • At least we have Vanderbilt and Duke. But sadly, our education is not the best : (

• it's ok though like i said it's just the stereotype and if i get to know the person and they aren't dumb i wouldn't even think about it.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm in love with London accent specifically, the London accent not the cockney one. The Southern/Western accent is very annoying. The Boston accent is a very interesting one. The Philippine accent can be quite funny. The Jamaican, Bermudian and Portuguese accent is calming.

0|2
    0|0
  • I have lived in the South my whole life so hearing a Southern accent feels normal and comforting to me.
    I have always liked how New York accents sound though, kinda hot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Amuurican Southern accents does it for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • The California accent...
    Mmmmmmm 😉

1|2
    0|0
  • i kinda like boston accents, or northern ones. im from new england lol. some southern accents are cute, as long as i can still understand them. usually it doesn't affect my first impression of someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Boston or Chicago

0|0
    1|0
  • a hispanic accent

1|1
    0|0