My first time dating interracially?

So I've been see in this guy and on our first date it was sooooo awkward. I wanted to have a regular date and treated him the same as any other person. But he kept trying to talk about politics, he was talking about how he has black friends and how do I feel about the whole Michael brown and Eric garner situation. And I kept trying to change the topic. Then i was telling him how im multiracial and he kept on going about politics and the cases on how he was on garners side. After it ended he called me apologizing about it. He said that it was his first time dating interracially and he didn't really know what to say. This was my first time to but I wanted to get to know him and it was as if he was trying to prove to me that he wasn't racist or has nothing against minorities. Should I go on a second date with him? Maybe he was just nervous?

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that on impulse he can't see past race and politics shows he might not be very good long term fit for you. He needs someone who will nod her head on the receiving end and view minorities as "the other", just as he does. That date would have ended much differently than yours did.

Nerves do play a part in screwing up badly. But they also tend to reveal where the mind is at. He could be nervous about you or nervous about the ideas that surround you, superficially. I think it's the latter, and that's not a good thing.

What Guys Said 2

• LMAO dude made it awkward, cut him some slack though it's his first time and he probably doesn't know how to deal with it. If you give it some time I'm sure he'll go back to being who he is instead of spitting all that stuff out.
    I've been on interracial "dates" and it was definitely different. I haven't been in a interracial relationship though.

• Sounds like a bit of a pretentious self righteous fool! He's trying too hard to demonstrate, something, maybe that he's one of these open minded liberal people etc. People like that are tiresome. He may be coming from a good place but his self awareness sucks. Up to you.

What Girls Said 4

• It just seems like he was nervous. Outside of this is he an ok guy? Like do you like him? If so then I'd say go for it!

• If he's too into politics, forget race... maybe he's just not the person for you. It's your choice to go on another date with him, but their are other guys...

• Maybe he was too nervous , you'll lose nothing if you tried to go on a second date with him , go for it and see what happends

• Here's a tip. You two need to view each other as individual HUMAN BEINGS, not individual races. Forget that race even exists. Because it doesn't. Dogs come in different colors, too, but do you think they even notice?
    Your dating process will be a fell of a lot smoother.