What do I get him for valentines? I have ideas but is this stupid?

Okay so I've never had a boyfriend or any guy friends really. Never spent Valentine's Day with a guy and I mean it's only a month and a bit away. Now I know it's easy to buy for a girl teddy bears balloons but I mean guys I'm pretty sure don't wanna teddy bear lol. Umm I really love buying gifts and wanna surprise him but just don't know what to get or do. Would it be okay to buy a gift card to a movie theatre so we could go together? Or is that to cheap? Like I put 30$ on it then I'm still using 10$ for the movie out of it. That sounds a little greedy? So if I did this would I just buy a ticket for myself? I just don't know how that would work. Anyway I know he likes these cookies from the store and they usually have them year round so I can get those as well. What do you think of these ideas guys? He doesn't really wear cologne and I have bad asthma so strong smells get to me and I can't go shopping for that stuff bc I get sick. I was going to do a mix tape maybe we've been together since the day before Halloween and he has Bluetooth everywhere In his car and house so he doesn't have a CD player and we always use iPods. So that didn't really work. We also don't have a "song" so would these cookies and a gift card be acceptable gifts? Or other then cologne what would you guys like on Valentine's day from your girl? I just need help because this is so new to me. And I wanna make it special. I was even thinking finding a box of chocolates something? So what do you suggest

Most Helpful Guy

• I think any gift card would be fine. The movie thing sounds good. You could also take him out to dinner or lunch on Valentine's day. I don't think the teddy bear is a stupid idea. The cookies sound good to. I think anything you know he likes is fair game. Just wrap it up like a present and also give him a nice Valentine's card to go along with the present.

What Guys Said 2

• Nah, I like the idea of a 'date night'. You don't even have to buy the gift cards, but just a hand-made coupon "I will take you out to the restaurant and movie of your choice" Maybe throw in an itunes gift card, or something as well.

• I wouldn't prefer a gift, I'd love a fun night out.

What Girls Said 1

• Calm down sister, you still have time. Don't over think it and keep it simple since its your first Valentine's together. I always like doing homemade things, usually cookies or something edible. One of my ex boyfriends was diabetic so I made him special sugar cookies and he was so happy. He made sure to brag to all his friends. It's not about how much money you spend. It's really the thought that counts

• I'd love to bake cookies.. One problem I can't. I burn everything and they taste disgusting I don't wanna poison the guy. I'm bad at cooking. And also arts and crafts aren't my strong thing I can't even draw a stick man without messing it up I'm probably the worst at like any of that :( so yeah :/ I do worry.