Late on first date? He texted me to let me know that he is going to be 30 minutes late to our first date. The excuse was the traffic caused by rain?

The excuse was the traffic caused by rain. I don't feel good about this, I already feel disrespected. Am I over reacting? I am the kind of person always on time unless I have an emergency. Nowadays anyone can use map applications which shows traffic update ETA etc!! I mean if there was a tragic accident that is slowing the freeway then I would understand. but DOH it's been raining all day.. What should I do?

so Ya! I didn't want to be a bitch like some of you said I was and I gave him the benefit of the doubt! He was almost an hour late and was fine about it. meaning he didn't apologize or showed that he was sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been on the other end of that when an accident just stopped every one. I was 45 minutes late (but I kept him posted). It only takes one moron to stop traffic totally. I wouldn't have been using maps because I knew where i was going.

Luckily the guy was understanding about it! I had no control over it and no way out of the jam. We dated for two fun months after until we decided we were just not compatible.

Give the guy a chance, could (and does) happen to anyone.

Geesh you guys are quick to write the poor dope off, lol!

What Guys Said 2

• Chill out.

• Is he picking you up?

• No meeting somewhere.

• Fuck that bitch! Well, give him a chance. Let him buy you dinner and dessert and just see what kind of person he is. If he's a total fuckboy, feel free to leave 30 minutes early. Dont give him sex on the first date (obvi). If things go well then take it from there. But one date won't kill you!

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's disrespectful, especially on a first date.

• Almost an hour late and didn't apologize. That's just rude. I wouldn't even bother with him. You didn't mention how the date was after he got there.

• If a guy can't leave work or class early, he can't help it. Shit happens. Learning to accept that and cut people breaks makes you more desirable.