How to turn down a kid without hurting his feelings?

my cousin has this 12 y/o friend that i think has a little crush on me... Everytime he sees me he hugs me, smiles at me and treats me different than with the other girls..
Once in a party i was dancing with his older brother who is my age (17) and the boy got so sad and left the party...
He's so sweet and everything but he is too young for me.. i don't want to be mean with him bc i know what it is to like someone who doesn't like you back... i really like him as a friend, we have very good times together and i don't want that to end. besides, if we 'end up in bad terms' that would be awkward everytime i go to see my cousin! any advice/tip, please?

Most Helpful Girl

• My friend's brother also has a crush on me. I'm 18 and he's 13. A month ago or something like that? he came to my place, gave me a rose and asked me to dinner. I told him I was very flattered and thought he was a great, greally sweet boy. I said that he was too young for me but that it was a really nice gesture to invite a girl out the way he did and that I was sure any girl his age would love that, and that if he was older or I was younger and single (because I'm in a relationship, tbh I don't know why he asked me out) I'd love to have dinner with him (which isn't true but whatever)

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know how you don't hurt his feelings, but you don't have to be mean. Just tell him that he is a little young for you.

• Tell him to stop politely. He's 12, and won't really get it for a couple more years unless you're blunt.

• Don't say it to him directly but talk to him in a normal conversation and drop hints you like him as a friend.

What Girls Said 1

• Just say how good a friends he is and how lucky girls are to have a guy like him. And explain why.