How would you feel dating a guy who doesn't go one day without mentioning one of his ex gf's or one of his friends mentions it?

dating this guy, he's 36 years old. he's had numerous ex gf's. he can't go a day without mentioning what he's done and who he's been with.

kim. keisha. stephanie, another stephaanie. a few pictures. a lesbian apparently. a japanese girl. petra
erin
and other ex gf's on his Facebook page
(he hasn't added me on Facebook yet, but calling me his)
even a girls name got mentioned by his friends' mother on Christmas day and he had to change the topic.

does this sound like a tool? or an idiot? or someone who doesn't know when to shut up about his ex's or is just being very stupid or annoying on purpose? or should we not judge guys for mentioning their ex gf's? how good they're at or bad at this and that.

he's also mentioned bad traits about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• He is not living in the present. He does not love himself. He defines his existance through the women he has found dumb enough to have sex with him. He wants you to beiive that he has value because others thought he has value. Truth he is empty and has not taken the time to develop himself.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him to can it.. you are about going forward, not backward.

• he's not over her

What Girls Said 2

• it would irritate me, not gonna lie. i think it's unnecessary to keep bringing up the past, because it just creates this tension in the present. like, once u know his history and shit, then ok, whatever, but it's almost like if i hear it all the time, I'm being reminded of how I'm on some kinda list, and i hate that feeling.

• I would feel very uncomfortable, as you obviously do as well. He should focus on you and on starting a new relationship with a new person and it happens to be you. It's awful that mentions his ex-girlfriends' negative traits because that undoubtedly means he will do the same about you.
    I think you should stop seeing him. He sounds incredibly immature. He's almost 40 and he does not have enough sense or manners to refrain from discussing his past girlfriends? I know men younger than he is who are more tactful and considerate. A truly mature man would keep all that stuff to himself and have more consideration for how you might feel.