Would you date someone from a different religion?

For example if you were Christian would you date a Buddhist or a Muslim...Why or why not. just wondering as for me I would take it as a learning... Show More

• Vote A Yeah I don't see why not
  • Vote B I prefer to stick with my own religion
  • Vote C I don't know

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm a muslim, and believe it or not, I couldn't be happier with any other girl than my catholic girlfriend. my ex was a muslim but I've never seen a great benefit to that, it put only limitations on the way we communicate because we didn't have the same views on everything, a modern muslim is VERY different from a conservative/closed-minded/extremest muslim.

my current girlfriend always encourages me to pray, attend religious events and prayers and celebrations, and even more she would join me and my family in these sometimes... because she knows the spiritual side is very important in a longterm relationship, and we both know it's best way to eliminate stress, discharge emotional pressure and enlighten up the mood, all of that leads to a better relationship. we believe in the same god, we ask for the same god, so what's the problem!

what is advised here is just to make sure you are on the right lane, make sure no complications are going to happen in the future and most importantly make sure she/he is the dependent type and won't give a damn about their family or community approval. know all these things and ask all the questions you need to ask before you start anything emotional with them.

• Wish you both all the best :)

• Show Older
    • Usually, muslims and atheists don't get along, and muslims who are married to atheists are not practicing, even for an atheist it's impossible that she or he would marry a practicing muslim or christian unless she or he wants to learn about the religion and they're seriously thinking of converting/starting practicing... the situation you've described doesn't exist. And catholics do marry muslims and only closed minded ones would deny that. Love is more appreciated in the 21th century, thankfully

• To add more on this, there are actually known lines in the islamic religion that were put by scholars in the past and are derived from the Quran and sunna, stating that a man who is with a christian or a jewish wife should allow her to practice her religion, attend prayers and celebrations and never stand in her way. To children it's just another part of the story if they get to ask her or learn from her about christianity, no conflicts since their parents have had all those conversations before