Are some people destined to not have a relationship?

Maybe it's just personal experience, maybe it's impatience. But surely there comes a time when you can take so many rejections until you think, "Why do I bother? Why should I bother?"

After trying and trying and trying, I seem to have the same result - rejection. I'm 18 and feeling like I may never see a day where I don't get rejected. Sometimes I find liking someone pointless because I've been rejected so many times my mind just says she'll be another one that rejects you. Probably gonna get sh*t for saying that but that's how I feel.

I always get told you're 18, you're still young, you got plenty of time. Plenty of time for what? By the time I finish at college as I messed up my first two years, and finish uni I'll potentially be 24. By then I will have to go out in the world and make a living for myself, where is this apparent plenty of time? Studying is a pain in the ass, and what I want to do will require a lot of time and effort. Then I finish education I have to get a job, make money. I won't have time to go out as I'll be stuck working my ass of doing overtime to make sure I pay my rent or mortgage and utilities.

So I ask where do I have this time? Or do I happen to be the one guy out of 100 who drew the short straw with time.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm starting to believe some people are destined to live alone, myself included.

Tbh I feel stupid about this. It was a dumb outburst I know when the time is right it will happen, I seriously over-reacted. It te old cliche doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down you just gotta get back up. Besides I have worse knocks than this in my life. I should take a more mature and sensible approach to everything really.

Having said that I feel really bad for wasting everyone's time, those who read the information part, those who answered I'm grateful but I apologise

Most Helpful Girl

• @shy_guy don't think that way. That made me sad, and it's not even me. I'm 17, so when I tell you you still have plenty of life to find a gal you know I'm not lying to you, or just saying it to say it. I'm single too, have been for a while, because I'm just waiting to find the right guy. Maybe you just need to wait for her to find you. You could be crossing the street one day and then WHAM! Girl of your dreams, and you just so happen to be the guy she's been waiting for. The world is strange like that. Just know that when you do get a girl, because I'm sure you will, you will love her intensely because you had to wait so long. Don't let it get you this down hun. Live in the present. As I tell you this, I also tell myself the same thing, your day will come.

What Girls Said 4

• My advice is to quit focusing on it - there are lots of things that are important in life besides having relationships. Find hobbies you enjoy and focus on making a life for yourself instead. Develop your confidence and create a life for yourself that you are satisfied with and you will have a lot more to offer a lucky girl in the future.

• Most girls get interested in a guy because of what they have to offer. Also, if you don't think you will have any time later, why worry about it? By your logic, you'd get into a relationship now and end up not having any time for her. That's not fair, is it?

• What makes you more appealing than the others?

• You're extremely pessimistic and impatient.

• stoppp being soooo depressinggggg its annoying

What Guys Said 7

• No one is destined to be alone, doesn't even make sense.

In life u'll encounter challenges such as this, u over come it by not giving up. Keep looking.. U can't possibly think u did try and no one is connecting with u.. The number of women on this planet.. U couldn't have possibly met them all..

When it happens it'll happen, we always get opportunities, we're just too blind to notice them.. This is in general.. Life's full of options and opportunities.. U just have to be sharp and recognize it when u see it, that's where life experiences comes from.. Be patient and learn everyday of what living is.. U'll learn to rechonize an opportunity when it presents its self.. Jump on it when u do

Drop the fear of rejection, at the end ure back to where u are.. Uve lost nothing.. at least u tried.. Learn from it and move onto the next best thing

• That's such a defeatist mindset. We all get rejected buddy, EVERYONE. You think you got it rough? I assume you are looking for a relationship, most girls as well. First thing you have to do is be honest with yourself don't go after Angelina Jolie if you know you're not Brad Pitt. Second, stop being so damn negative, even if you hide it, females can sniff that shit out like a blood hound. I suggest you just look for casual hook ups, and work on your "game" in those types of relationships.

Remember, there's guys out there who are physically deformed, and you think you got it bad? You need to gain some perspective.

• It's more like, "some people are destined to create a destiny for themselves, one in which they have rendered themselves unsuitable for healthy relationships."

• Rejection happens at 18. If it's still happening at 28, then call me and we'll have a long talk.

Just gotta be a trooper for a bit, everyone around you is still growing up and getting their shit together.

• You're only 18... no quitting on the dating game already! :-P

• i don't believe in destiny, but then not a good thing to think when you're 18.

chin up, it can/WILL improve!

• i think we could if we lowered our standards