Why don't I feel this age gaps?

I'm 18 my boyfriend is 25. 7 years age gaps. However, I never feel it. I was surpised when I know he's 25 since I thought he was around my age, and he thought I was around his age before we started dating. It just feel so natural and doesn't feel like he could be my uncle or anything. Why don't I feel it? 7 years is not a small gap...

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a mental age of 18 probably.

• I'm mental age of 24 according to him lol.

• He should just admit it! lol. I'm 26 and fully embedded in adult life, I still feel 15! haha

What Guys Said 2

• I feel like once you leave high school (assuming you have), age gaps dont seem as significant.

The rule of thumb for dating someone younger than you divide your age by 2 and add 7. For dating someone older, subtract 7 and multiply by 2. For you at 18, 18 - 7 = 11 x 2 = 22. For him, 25 / 2 = 12.5 + 7 = 19.5. You guys are pretty close to that.

• Age means squat,
    The last few girls I've dated were 19-24
    And they were more secure, confident and mature than my friends around my age, and I'm 31

What Girls Said 2

• There's a study that said guys fall behind mentally by 7 years (which explains some of their immaturity, or hoe they can relate to younger girls/date younger girls).

I don't know if I believe it or not, though your case is probably proof of that study?

• You might not feel it if because he'll probably want the baby/marriage earlier than you'd be ready for. Men tend to be serious about it around 27/28. Which mean you'd be around 20 or 21, it's young for most women