Dating... Who asks; Guy or Girl?

In dating is it more likely to get the guy to ask the girl to date him or the girl to ask the guy if he would date her?

• I am a guy and I would rather ask the girl
  • I am a guy and I would rather have her ask me
  • I am a girl and I would rather have the guy ask me
  • I am a girl and I would rather ask the guy
  • others...

Most Helpful Guy

• Both can ask but must it be asked? People start seeing each other , hanging out together and it evolves into dating. That's the way it happened in my life. Nobody asked the other "Do you want to date me?" in my life. I just happened.

What Guys Said 10

• I notice people but since I'm a really busy guy (football, school, weightlifting, and training)
    I would rather have her ask me
    My ex and my current girlfriend both asked me out and well it didn't workout with my ex but the girl im with rn is my everything.
    So its fine if u want to ask him out , its flattering for guys , to be asked by the girl.

• I don't care. If I like her, I'll go ask her out, but if she likes me, she should come ask me out.
    It doesn't matter who asks. We guys feel like we have to, but girls should go for the man they want too. They don't know how many opportunities the have missed just because they thought guys should make the move.

• in our days it doesn't matter basically

• I'd rather have the girl ask me

• I have to be asked. I rarely take notice of others.

• As someone who's always been introverted and shy his life I would much prefer a woman to come approach me and ask me out.

Though I find it highly attractive for a woman to show initiative too..

• It doesn't matter! Both sides fear rejection, and so if one asks the other out, the other doesn't have to worry!

• I would rather ask the girl out, but I have no problem with a girl asking me out. It can actually be really stressful to ask a girl out. So it's a relief when she asks me out.

• If it's a relief when she asks, why would you rather ask her?

• If I like her I need all the confidence I can get.
      Will she day yes? Will she say no? Does she like me? Will she laugh at me? Will I say the right thing?
      My dad always told me that a guy should ask the girl out.

• guys will almost always be expected to ask first

• Most people, male or female, would prefer someone risk rejection and take the initiative to show their interest in them. But very few women have the courage to do that.

• It looks like 30% of the women and 40 % of guys would rather ask. not so msny more mrn than women and not so few women. Relatively speaking.

In my experuence about 30% of people specifically don't want to be asked and 30% soecifically dont want to... The rest are fluid.

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't have to be one or the other. Anyone can ask and snyine dies.

Thiugh mostly I think people hang out as fruends get to know each other then gradually you're together. In uni anyhow.

Why do you think it has to designated to one and by sex? why is that necessary in your opinion? Just curious.

• It doesn't matter. It could go either way and won't make a difference. But I am usually asked by the guy. I wouldn't necessarily rather him ask me, it just usually happens like that.

• More likely and more common? Guys asking. However, there are females who will go ahead and ask. There are some guys that can be too nervous and such to ask, so it's not a bad thing to ask if you're a female.

• it depends on the individuals.

• To be honest it doesn't make a difference to me if they are too shy to ask me I will ask them even though I am a nervous wreck. But if a guy asked me I would admire him for having the confidence for asking me out

• I'd rather have the guy ask me