Why do girls have bigger bums?

why do girls have bigger bums than boys

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls have more estrogen in them.
    Estrogen helps store fat in boobs, hips, ans booty instead of completely letting it stockpile in the belly area.

When guys are fat, it's usually mostly located in the belly and then slowly spreads to other areas. Whereas girls can have varying amount of fats in different areas due to more estrogen.

What Guys Said 6

• I am not sure but I am thinking one of these two reasons or both. Girls store their body on their bum usually I think boys, boys tend to store their body fat else where and maybe it also has to do with a girls hips widening, as girls often have wider hips than boys because this is the girls body getting ready for pregnancy. So maybe those two reasons are why girls have bigger bums than boys.

• A woman's pelvis is shaped differently to help with pregnancy and child bearing. A woman's pelvis is a little shorter, but broader. And the opening inside is larger and rounder. In addition her pelvis is tilted approximately 10 degrees forward compared to a man. This tilt forward and the shape of her pelvis makes her backside protrude a bit. Then you add estrogen and it makes women collect more body fat all around, but especially around the hips, thighs and butt.

• It's because women have wider hips on average, which makes childbirth easier and reduces the chance of complications.

• Maybe it's to provide padding for when a guy has sex with her from behind.

• I think it is cute that you posted a picture of your bum on your profile when asking this question!

• They dont.

What Girls Said 1

• Because women store more fat. Men usually have more muscle tone.