Do you feel like people over use "I love you"?

I feel like when I say I love you to my gf. I feel like it isn't special because everyone over uses the term when they don't mean it.

• Overused
  • Underused
  • Just right

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they do.

They don't know what the fuck that means.

They don't know what it means to wake up at 4 A. M and drive out in the dead cold of night to pick up a person because their car broke down.

They don't know what it's like to have a person make a huge mistake that they didn't genuinely intend to do and still look them in the eye and say "It's okay."

They don't know what it means to commit to each other. To have fights and, despite everything look at their bleakest, look each other dead in the eye and say "We can get through this."

You know what people think constitutes as love?

"You're pretty. And you're good in the sack."

That's pussy shit right there. Convenient. Shallow, easy words.

What Girls Said 16

• OH MY GOD YES!

i find that it means the most when it isn't said a lot. doesn't mean to never say it, but far out, when it's just said all the time i actually begin to find it irritating, cuz i wonder, do u even realise the depth of the words ur saying?

• Yes, it's kind of lost its value in meaning.
    Friends use it to each other.. "I love you broo! I love you babe"
    I would like to only use "I love you" to a partner who I care about in an affectionate/romantic way.

• I think it's overused... you can't tell if it's genuine or not. .. I only really say it to my 5 year old because I love that little guy unconditionally...

• There's nothing wrong with living things and beig careless about what you love. Love only makes the world a better more accepting place. Hating things makes the world dark and lonely. So I'd rather have people loving 100 guys and LOVING cake, and loving puppies and loving rain because that's a lot better than hating 100 guys, and hating cake, and hating puppies and hating rain. I've never seen things get worse when love is around. So live carelessly and love fully because your making the world better

• Just because other people overuse it, doesn't mean you should feel like what you say to your girlfriend doesn't mean anything.

My boyfriend overuses the term, whereas I like saying it when I genuinely have the urge and feelings to say it.

• That's not love. Love is something more. Its about sticking through hard times and not being tempted by another person or looking to quit if things look awry.

• I feel that many people use love in vain, but if you truly love your gf tell her as often as you see fit. My bf and I say I love you first thing every morning and I haven't gotten sick of it and I doubt your gf will either

• I only say I love you if I truly mean it.

if it doesn't feel special when you say it to your girlfriend, it probably isn't true. you can't force it to be.

• Yes, because sometimes you can't tell if they're being genuine or not.

• yeah, all the time. People don't know the definition of it. It's hard for me to trust people, it takes me a while. So it's even harder for me to say, "I love you" to someone other than my family.

• Voted A... Oh I love this candy, I love this, I love that! Lol

• I thought it is just right

• Some do, some don't. I get where you're coming from though

• It's very overused

• People use love as just a word now! Love is something so much bigger! It's sticking with you through the hard times!

• Yes I think people use it too much that term almost seems to have no value nowadays :/

What Guys Said 10

• Yea it's over used find it kind of funny when people who have been dating for only a couple of days say that to each other xD

• Make it mean something

• Your right. It's overused. Typically when someone says it, they say it to get sex. Love nowadays is confused with lust. I mean if someone really did love you, you would be loved and treated unconditionally. You wouldn't cheat or be cheated on. Working together and communicating in the good AND bad times.

• Yup it's overused which I don't use it unless I actually love the person I'm with. Besides I show my love with actions more then words.

• Deffo overused.
    I had a friend who used to say it to every single one of her friends.
    It got to the point it held 0 value.
    and that's saddening.

• 1) I love you
    2) Of course

• No, language is meant to be used; there's no point to false restrictions on certain words.

• Yes, because I don't think people understand the gravity 'I love you' used to have. They say it, because they don't want to be dumped

• Yeah, when your girlfriend tells you that, it just means she wants you to say it back.. right?

• Mmm-hmmm. No doubt about it.