Texting a guy after a date. Okay?

After a great date. coffee and than dinner at his placed. I texted the guy the day after to simply be polite. just a quick thanks, nothing lovey dovey to show neediness.
He replied and was polite back.
I didn't ask to meet again because he seemed like a very confident and ego high guy so I want him to pursue me, and a guy will I'f he liked you right?

So is it okay to write a simple thank you text after a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it seems prim and proper, not too 'Lovey dovey,' and it will show a good side to you that you appreciate the nice time you both had and with no subtle hints, he will keep you in Mind For---The Next time he wants----Coffee and than dinner at his place.
    It's a good sign if he pushes his button to reply with no sigh and even better when he pushes one on his end to either call or text for another 'Great date.'
    Good luck. xx

• So it was a good thing that he even replied?

• I never said to him I wanted a bf he just assumed

• Yes, they make it clear, dear... so you don't have a chance to assume anything... xx

What Guys Said 5

• We need to file a suit against the romcom guys in Hollywood. They've created this notion of when to text and when to call and stuff.
    Relax... you make your own rules and until now you've handled this superbly (there! we go setting norms :) )
    There is no such thing as a good "dater". There are good perfectly normal human beings who are comfortable about who they are... and another perfectly normal human being who is comfortable with themselves will date them :)
    So... don't fret. Dont sweat. Even if all our dates doesn't go anywhere... we still need to be good polite people and do the right thing about how we feel. Which you've done. :)

• It's absolutely fine and I'd much prefer it if a girl did text me a quick "I had a great time, thank you" message, it shows to me that the effort I have spent planning the date has been appreciated and that she likes me and is willing to go out on another date.

• He like give a little but not a lot?

• I mean like it's okay to let him know Im thankful but not like omg I want to see you again. Like give him a little but not a lot

• Yes that's fine.

• yea... usually the rile of thumb is he has to ask you out the first three times... then its the girls turn to offer.
    you did good, always leave a message or note saying thank you and that you enjoyed your time.

• Yea and than its up to him? The thanks shows I'm polite and also some what interested. But if it was like thanks I had a great time let's meet again? That is needy?

• yea... you gonna have to wait. probably around 3-4 days... see what happens.

• It is fine to write a simple thank you text after a date.

• Did he pay for the date or did you guys pay separate?

• He made dinner at his place

What Girls Said 0