Texting , and guys, what do you like?

So there is something im wondering.

If a girl texts you after your date. Where you had dinner at your place, lets say on Tuesday like a quick short, "just wanted to say thanks for last night, for the food, happy new years :)"

Is that good enough?

what if she added lets meet again?

what would a guy prefer?

Would the second seem desperate? would the first one leave it up to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Feels a little too formal too me.

Try this.

"After consuming such delicious edible matter crafted by your amazing hands, I'm rather inclined to see you again and hopefully soon :)
    After all, I'm supposed to kiss the chef right ;)"

Gets the point across while being flirty :p

What Guys Said 2

• Last night was great, we should hang out again!
    Happy New Years

• But if she wrote the first one would you think she isn't interested in you? even though she did show it during the date?
      I wrote the first one and he replied, thanks the same :) happy new years! so im like ok he didn't ask me out now.. is he not interested?

• It's good enough to show you enjoyed spending time with him... but New Years text are different everyone sends them out and receives them
      If you added "we should hang out again" then it could set off some signs that you like him more

• If she added lets meet again that would be great. As a guy sometimes we dont want to seem too forward, so if she asks to meet up again it shows us you are interested and not leading us on.

• If she wrote the first one i would take that as she interested. Once again he may just not want to seem to forward/eager so he hasn't responded yet.

• On the negative side, if he doesn't respond back in a few days i would take it as an L.

What Girls Said 1

• The rate the first bit is good enough. He's reply will give you an indication of what steps he would like to take next

• He replied Thanks you too :) happy new years

• Just say" we so do it again some time", if he is keen, he'll check when you're free.