Am I the only one who cares whether the person I start dating has a car and license or not?

i think it shows responsability plus i seriously dont want to be the one driving all the time. im already my kids taxi. maybe im old fashioned but i think guys should pick. up girls to date them. and its a real bummer when s guy asks about the rail and bus schedules to meet you at a coffee shop.

is it being shallow though really or is it just experience of the husband who had many DUIs lol and at least wanting them to. be mature enough to have and take care of responsibilities? its not like i want them to have an expensive car.
im not a womans liberal and i still believe a guy if he wants to date you needs to have a car other wise he needs to. wait for the girl to ask him out. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Given that I am Mr. Independent, and expect the person i am dating to also be independent, yes they better be able to drive, have a car, have a license, and have a job.

What Guys Said 7

• It depends on where you live.

I know a guy whose sister's friend said any guy who didn't have a car was a loser. They lived in a small city with crappy public transit.

I dated a girl who said owning a car was a waste of money and anyone who did without good reason was stupid. We live in a big city: she downtown so she could walk to work, me right next to a subway station.

• I honestly don't care at all. If she needed a car, then I'm sure she'd either have gotten one already or could get one in the future. And if she never needed to, then that's fine also.

• I have a license and I don't drive because in London the buses and rail network are very good and very reliable, so there is no reason for me to own a car, so if a girl holds that against me then that's fine because that's her decision, but I'd rather not waste money on a luxury item that I can do without.

• Most women past college think this way unless they live in a really built up downtown core.

• I've heard some other girls say that they want that too in real life it is shallow that's like me saying the girl I want to date I expect her to be a certified nanny.

• I'm that shallow also!

• Picked BA pretty quickly there, didn't you. Anyway, i don't date single mothers, too much baggage

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, it depends on the living situation. I, personally, have no car though I do have a valid license. I make certain that anyone I'm meeting with knows I have to keep track of the streetcar and bus schedules unless they are driving. I only taxi if I have the extra cash. It can be tough, and likely turns some guys off, but if they aren't willing to work within my limits (public transportation) they aren't worth my effort.

• It depends, but to an extent yes!

• I totally understand where your coming from! One time i didn't care if a guy had to get the bus and i used to not mind picking a guy up at first.
    Then i changed my thoughts on this, because i became a taxi for him. we didn't get to see each other unless i drove to his or i picked him up, i ended up doing all the running about
    So now im like you, with the same view, your not shallow at all.