Going through a rough patch, not sure what do to at this point?

This guy and I have been dating for about 11 months, and we've gone through a lot. Well my mom likes to get in the middle of the relationship. She has been the reason we have broke up before. She won't let me go out and see him, and we live less than 5 minutes away. She locks me up in my room and won't even let me talk to him on Facebook and if I do I get grounded and everything taken away for a long time. I'm not sure what to do at this point, and he's already one foot out the door. I love this guy more than anything in this world and tbh he is the only one that I have left in this world that is there for me, but this isn't fair to him.
I've tried to talk to my mom about this, but it just turns into a really big fight, I'm all out of options at this point. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Let him go.

• That's not very helpful

• But it is honest. You're right, he doesn't deserve this, your mother is in the way, and you're under her thumb. It's that simple.

What Guys Said 5

• Can you move out? And why does your mother not like him?

• i'm 17, and I don't know she never told me

• I've tried, I think she doesn't want me to get hurt because she was in an abusive relationship so I think that she is thinking that the same thing is going to happen to me

• Well... perhaps for now you let things cool. She maybe isn't doing this right, but she is trying to protect you. A lot of people don't have that.

• 11 months and you guys are already off and on? just get over it, this relationship isn't going to go anywhere or do anything for you.

• We were off once for 3 days in the beginnning of the relationship..

• Why doesn't your mom let you see him?

And given your age range, how does your mother still have such a big degree of control over your basic movement / activities? Seems a bit excessive.

• she still can control your life for 1 more year

• Well, it comes down to who you value more, your relationship with a guy, where there's millions of them, or your parents, who are only one of

• What if I never really had any parents to begin with?

• Then I feel bad for you

• But not sorry

What Girls Said 1

• Talk to the guy about this, and show your mother that you can love him without meeting him. I am talking about self restraint until you can become independent.

However, if you love your mother more, then give him up.