Why do some people act like dating someone with a certain skin color is a big deal?

I understand it's a preference. But tbh, it's not about a persons skin color.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• People have these "preferences" based on their life experiences... they are not just born with a dislike for any certain group of people... they have seen these different groups interact with society as a whole and this is where they draw their opinions... perhaps you are young and have not experienced this yet...

• I guess its about who they find attractive..

• Since when do people act like that?

What Girls Said 3

• Because the world still sees in black and white. Some places more so than others. I recently let it be known I am also attracted to white guys, and I got so much crap about the black community this, and the black community that from different people. My parents are fine with it, but there are always the outsiders who need to put in their two cents.

• Because some people have this mindset that they have to stick with their race out of loyalty, or they're racist or whatever. I personally don't care. I mean I've dated black and white, and would date people whatever their color. It doesn't matter to me. Currently I'm into a white guy, but that's because of his personality, NOT his skin color.

• im currently with someone who is black. i dont think its a big deal at all