Am I wrong to want love?

My bf and I have been together for 2 years and things are fine but we are not in love. We get along well and tbings are good but I don't feel like that's ebough for me. Don't get me wrong , I do love him and care about him but im not in love with him and the feeling is mutual im sure.

I want so so so much more then jsut getting along with someone. I want to experience loving someone and having someone love you. I want that so much. I don't have that with him.

Would it be wrong to end something good in the hopes of finding something amazing?

I'm sorry for all the typos and spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone

Most Helpful Guy

• No end it with this guy, you obviously like each other but love is a feeling that should make you feel out of place not just another mutual feeling, you're right. You can find someone new and learn to grow in them because 5 years from now your gonna feel the same way. I would suggest opening your options cause you never know when you find someone thats closer to you than your bf who knows? were you guys really good friends before you dated him?

• No, I didn't know him. We started dating as strangers and grew into friends

• how compatable are you guys... have a lot of the same interests?

• We do have interests in common and enjoy doing them but at the same time, we have separate hobbies too. We get along just fine most of the time. We do get into little arguments like all couples

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Staying would be settling. And while it may be good, you'll always want more in the long run. Don't settle. Who knows, maybe in being apart from your bf and dating other people you'll find that you were in love after all. But I personally think you'll regret it if you stay. And with regret comes resentment.

• Thank you. I never thought I would be the type of girl that settled for someone but im so scared of leaving this relationship only to be alone again and vulnerable you know? It's so hard to leave but it's also something I want so much

• Yes, I am planning on talking to him about this soon. I don't think I can keep it in any longer. It's making me sad and miserable. Either way it goes, I need to do something about it. Thanks for the advice and talking me through it :)

• No problem girl! Thanks for MHO. I really hope everything works out for you! Feel free to message me if you need to!

What Guys Said 1

• Please do end it.

What Girls Said 3

• I've lived like that for 14 years. Its not easy but it's up to you what you do.
    I ended up lowering my standards and cheating trying to fill the void. All my affairs were intense but short lived and it made me realise the guy at home is the one for me. Sometimes life isn't perfect. It's what it is

• I haven't cheated on him but I find my mind wondering and fantasizing about more. I feel like I owe it to myself to see if I can find the love im day dreaming about. But I'm also afraid of leaving a good thing and not being able to find better.

• I fantasise about guys all the time. Know exactly how you feel. Its such a hard one to answer. I think from my experiences though you are better to stick with who you have but tell him that you feel unhappy.
      These selfless guys who want to worship you don't exist other than in the movies.

• If you feel like you need to end things then so be it. You guys have been together for 2 years & it would be a waste of time for both of you to stay together any longer if the feeling isn't mutual.

• Maybe take a break and date other people and then see where it goes from there