Why do I never get asked for my number or asked out?

I'm a pretty woman... I'm tall, 5'10" have pretty blue eyes, decent skin, I'm a little over weight but not fat by any means. No guys ever approach me in bars or in general even. I dont know why. I'm 25 and have been technically single for almost 3 years... I'm sick of being alone. Any tips on how I can find and keep a decent guy?

I should say that I don't go to bars to meet guys... I go with friends to hang out. But even then, nothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you should broaden the places you go to meet guys. Are you approachable, loud, silly, funny? A little more abotu you might be helpful

• I definitely think I'm approachable. People laugh at my jokes and generally enjoy being around me. I don't really go anywhere to meet guys. If I go out, I go out with friends. I usually always have a smile on my face and am friendly. I'm to the point now where being alone is making me depressed. I'm scared that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

• Getting involved in something is a great idea... althoug now isn't the time. My grandma is passing so perhaps after she's gone and I have more time to get out and do things

• I am sorry about your grandmother. Yes take the time there, you don't get that back as you know. I miss my grandmother very much... and she has been gone for about 10 years or so. I hope that she passes peacefully...

What Guys Said 8

• Guy's nowadays have lost their ability to be a man. The whole approaching and picking up has almost died.

So don't take it personally.
    Maybe stop trying to get pickedup in a bar.

Just stop looking and it will happen by itself.

• Nope! \o/ .

• Tryvto look nice, no mean frown, and be more social yourself. Someone will say something to yoj one day.

• Well first off you don't want to meet guys at the bar.
    Second you should go and do things alone sometimes. Guys may be too intimidated to approach you when you're in a group.

• Can I have your number?

• Why don't you ask a guy out yourself?

• what if a shorter guy asked you out?

• You sound alright to me! It's not great meeting people at bars, not if you're looking for a decent guy to keep. Mixing with lots of people and so increasing the number of potential partners is good though, the problem for lots of people is time. If you have time then that's great take up some hobbies where you can meet people, if not you could try an online dating site, avoiding things like tinder which are really only any good for hook ups.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe stop looking for someone in general. They say when you don't look, and aren't expecting.. that's when things happen. Try going out more with friends and meet their friends, go to events, join clubs or community activities... put yourself out there! Stop waiting for someone to come to you :)

• I do that already and I'm still single lol
      I'm not even looking for a guy but I do all those things you mentioned and men don't approach me asking me for my number