I'll take one doggy style?

Would you be embarrassed to be out on a date and at the end of the meal your date asks for a doggy bag? (A doggy bag is a takeaway container for your leftovers if you weren't aware). Is this unacceptable?

• So embarrassed, there probably wouldn't be another date
  • No it's fine, it is paid for
  • 'I'll have one too thanks waiter'

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't be embarrassed in the slightest. If she'll eat it later, then bag it up! And if not, then bag it up and send it my way. LOL

What Guys Said 15

• I'm supposed to throw out food I paid for? The fuck?

Can the grocery store just start throwing out their food to me?

• And doggy style is kewl

• Maybe it's an Australian thing, it's the only way I've ever heard referred as. but you understand what I mean right? was my explanation of it okay?

• No, I know what you mean. They say the same thing in USA. It's just a weird term.

• maybe in Australia it's not but in the United States it's common since the portions are much larger here and well it's already paid for.

America
    media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/.../...leeds-trinity.jpg
    i252.photobucket.com/.../Guadalajara284.jpg

Australia
    www.dealsextra.com.au/.../...c9d5d9662a05aa3bd.jpg
    www.taste.com.au/images/articles/903011403.jpg

• On the contrary, I'm disgusted by people who waste perfectly good food. Food requires energy and space and infrastructure to grow, and throwing it away unnecessarily is one of the gravest offenses of the modern age.

• I be more offended if they left a plate full of food that I paid for.

• To be honest... More people should be asking for doggy bags so we don't keep on wasting so much decent food :-) So nah, that ain't embarrasing.

• Wtf? Maybe if I was like 15 or something and everyone tries to appear like they're too cool or rich to be doing that. Any adult would not throw good ass food away. Everyone I know takes boxes back home. I mean that's some good ass food, that good ole new york steak? I ain't THROWING THAT AWAY... yum gonna eat in a few hours.

• It's not something I would do but I'd certainly have take no exception to my date asking for a bag to take her food home in. I'd also imagine the restaurant would be more than happy not to have to throw more food away. So it's all good.

• I've been in that situation and have never had a problem with it. I actually prefer they take leftovers with them than waste it.

• First off, wasting perfectly good food is a terrible thing when there are people who have none in this world. Also, if my date refused a take-out container for the leftovers just to keep up appearances I'd feel she was pretentious and phony and be less inclined towards the next date (unless of course the doggy style later was really that good!)

• How is this a problem? It's a free lunch tomorrow!

• Why would you be embarrassed to take along your midnight snack?

• your questions is misleading... depends on how much food you have, if its like a spoon then its pretty pointless but if you have a lot then why not. no its not embarrassing.

• Umm It depends on the situation, I can imagine a date where the dates going well and we both walk out with doggie bags but I can also imagine a date where a girl asking for a doggy bag is the final nail in the coffin.

• you know bait and switches like this aren't cool man. i wasted like 2 seconds thinking this was a sex question. thats 2 seconds i'll never get back. what a ripoff

• Fuck, I understood something else which contains the word doggy... But I'd be ok with that you're saying.

What Girls Said 4

• this isn't the question I thought it was going to be. that's twice in one night, fucks sake.

• Same here but least I know what a doggie bag is.

• I do that a lot, even if I just leave bones I'll take it for the stray dog that always welcomes me when I get to home. So I wouldn't pay attention to it if he asked the waiter to put them in a bag.

• I would be a little bit surprised but definitely not embarrassed. nothing you usually do here but as far as I know it's quite common in the US

• I'm pretty low on cash myself. I would in that case ask for one myself. (though I usually eat everything up..)