We just started dating...

After being friends with a guy for a couple of months I asked him out, I was texting him goodnight and he said I love you goodnight...after dating for two days? Isn't this too soon? Or am I over reacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• you have known him for a few months so its really easy for him to actually love you. he learned a lot about you in the few months and knows what you are like. its not quite like dating for a few months then saying "i love you", but it is kinda similar in the fact that he knows you as a person already and hasn't just meet you. if you just meet him in a bar and were going out for 2 or 3 days after that and he told you he loves you then you should worry but since he's known you for a while I think you might be over reacting a little bit

What Guys Said 5

• he is probably trying to confirm to you that he really likes you, and I wouldn't necessarily take it as him being 'in love with you'. Had you maybe given him reason to think you were being a bit distant with him? He might have said this as a way to try and get your affection if this is the case? I wouldn't over think it too much unless he starts saying it all the time and acting over the top with you

• There are many levels of love and affection. I love my friends, but that doesn't mean I would want to bang them or marry them. When people say "love thy neighbour" they don't mean it "that way" either. Don't read too much into it.

• i would worry cause there's no substance to it. two days? and now it puts you in a difficult situation cause you might freak him out if you don't say it back but you might feel awkward if you feel obligated to say it back. you might wanna tell him to chill with the I love yous if itll make you feel uncomfortable this early in a relationship, I think.

• i wouldn't worry to much about it personally. he's just being affectionate. its like at the end of a phone call, he might say "love ya". don't worry about it

• Yes it is. You should wait a while before saying ily. Two days is waay too soon

What Girls Said 2

• I think its a bit too soon. That happened with me and my ex. when we started dating, a week later he said "I love you" I got kinda freaked out. He turned out to be the neediest, gushyest boyfriend ever and I broke up with him a month later because I couldn't stand it.

• it's definitely too soon. you can't love someone after just 2 days. I wouldn't worry but I also wouldn't fool myself into thinking that there was any substance to it.