Christian Girls: Yay or Nay?

I'm a Christian and very proud of it, I don't "shove" my religion in anyone's face but I do tweet Christian quotes, talk about love, bible verses, and talk about my faith a lot online and in person. I'm very nice and also an attractive person I've been told. But many guys put me off as a romantic partner just because of my faith. Is this normal? Guys, what do you think of Christian girls? Would you date one? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear @ancastergirl,

What you're doing is very normal. When you're enthusiastic with something, it comes out of you naturally. Furthermore, this is a quote about being open about Jesus.

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels. -Mark 8:38

What Guys Said 28

• NOOOOOO! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!

• "Christian girl" could apply to a lot of different kinds of people, since there are so many Christians. Even though you somewhat specified the kind of Christian girl you are talking about, there is still a lot of variation.

I probably could not date a girl who could not have sex before marriage, unless we are extraordinarily compatible and obviously going to be married. Chances are that I just wouldn't be able to wait that long.

I also couldn't date her if she were constantly trying to convert me. I wouldn't try to convert her either, of course, and I'd welcome her giving reasons for her beliefs, but I couldn't stick around if she thought she had to save me from going to hell.

However, I also see incentives to being with Christians. Most of the Christians I know have at least moderate self-esteem, and have a positive outlook on life. Even as an atheist, I would rather date a Christian who loves life than an atheist who hates it.

The state of being Christian itself isn't a big factor.

• To be brutally honest, the more sexually liberal you are, the more guys will be willing to date you.

Most guys think about Christian girls, and they think about having to wait until marriage to have any type of sexual intimacy (as in no sexual play at all), which most guys aren't willing to endure.

Pretty much it's a stereotype.

• Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. Most people see girls like me as "prude" or "stuck-up" just because I won't have sex with just anyone or even have sex at all. I don't think waiting until marriage is a bad thing because at least you have something to look forward to & you can grow with partner on all other levels.

• im cool with it.

• Not usually for that instance im Christian but Guys wouldn't put you off cause you're faith it because some Christian girls are actually worse than other girls because they've never experience anything like sex before I know plenty of Christian girls that went off the wall being really dirty. I personally don't date full on Christian girls because of that and because they're really reserved which I am to a point but I like to have fun as well

• I would because I am a Christian man myself so I do know where you are coming from and there is nothing wrong with that

• It will depend on the guy and what type of relationship they are looking for. Guys who want a serious relationship will try find someone with similar religious beliefs. Guys just looking to hookup will probably pass because they don't think a religious girl will put out. Some guys may be drawn to a religious girl because they want to deflower a virgin... Be who you are don't try to be something just because you think that's what the guy wants. Determine what you want from the relationship and take it from there.

• Look you only need one guy in the longrun. Dont waste time on guys that do not share your religious views. If you do, you might miss the right guy because you are dating the wrong guy. Dating a Christain women would be a yes for me.

• I know nothing about them. I dont think I'd mind unless she's a religious nut.

• I'm an atheist, I don't believe in any God, and I don't have a good opinion about religions, so I wouldn't date a girl that practices any religion. I don't mind if she believes in God, we all believe what we wanna believe, but as long as she doesn't practice a religion.

• don't believing in God and practicing a religion go hand in hand?

• Not really, you can believe in God, but don't believe in what the church says. I know people that are like this.

• If I was in love with a Christian girl and wasn't able to make love with her then it would be torture... But then if there they are the one then you would wanna marry them anyways... but I wouldn't wanna marry someone just because they were Christian tho if you get me.

• Yes! Yes! Yes! Ideal girl would be a Christian who is into music, the outdoors, and adventure ;-)

• Yaaaaaaaaay! Welcome to the group 🙏

• My long time girlfriend is Christian, considering I believe more in Paganism than anything else, there are no issues whatsoever. Im lucky

• There are just enough Christian people out there for you to have bible studies with if you know what I mean.
    I do have one-or-two Christian friends, and I don't mock their religion although I am not fond of religions.
    But I sure as hell wouldn't date a Christian person.

• I like their moral code, but I don't like the whole sexual-purity-until-marriage thing and the whole the-bible-is-unquestionable-truth thing and the whole church and praying and etc.

I think it's easier to just be a good person than to be heavily invested in an ancient book.

• That's great I could never go out with someone who isn't cristan it's just part of my lifestyle.

• Atheist, would not date a religious girl. I respect your right to believe whatever you want, but I can't take it seriously, which means I can't take someone who believes it seriously.

• I mean as long as your not one of those chastity girls I'm fine with it, spiritual awareness accentuates a heightened sense of development.

• Most Christians, including myself, do practice chastity until marriage but thanks for your input!

• No, only muslim girls wearing a hijab for me...

• I would only date a Christian girl because having the same beliefs and values are very important things to me. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will find a good man someday! God Bless sister! :)

• Yay. I am a Christian and I feel more comfortable dating girls with similar beliefs as long as she doesn't shove it down peoples throats.

• Meh... maybe, maybe not.

• helllll nooooooo

• Not every act is an act of God. There are also acts of the devil. Regardless, the little children are now angels in heaven with God.

• ok. i dont want you to get the impression that im the type to shove my beliefs in peoples faces so im just gonna stick to the original question.

I*would* date a christian girl *if*: She didn't force or try to persuade me to do anything religious. And she didn't want to wait till marriage.

I wouldn't date one because of who i am. My strength comes from my anger and disdain. Hate is one of the reasons why im so good at the stuff I do and someone of a truly religious background wouldn't try to understand that they would try to bring me from it which conflicts with one of the stipulations up there^. Not saying im completely hateful i have plenty of love inside but it fuels my goals and has become a power source for me.

Basically lifestyles would just conflict.

• I definitely would provided you don't go overboard with some of the outdated aspects of it. I myself am a Catholic. I like that it is a part of my Italian-American culture and it makes sense for me but some aspects I think are outdated. I believe that everyone if they ask for forgiveness genuinely will make it to heaven. I believe if you live a good and moral life you will be saved as well. That goes for people of all religions and atheists. I believe that God tries to guide you rather than control you and that in the end you as an individual are the decision maker. I believe there is nothing wrong with homosexuality and it is totally natural and out of the individuals control.

• I don't have a problem with it, but I've seen it be a problem for the religious partner more often than not. Their beliefs tend to draw a divide and puts a burden on them to be dating a non-religious person. I assume that by you saying you're a "Christian girl", that you identify pretty strongly with it?

I've seen a fair amount of religious folks develop a subtle superiority complex (or whatever it can be called) because of their religion and their partner's lack of. I've seen people not trust their partner completely because they felt that their partner didn't have strong morals, the same morals, or any morals as a result of what they learned from their religion.

Of course, I'm only highlighting the negatives I've seen come from religious folks. But if there were positive or just neutral relationships between a religious and non-religious person, it's not even worth mentioning since the relationship functions well :)

But as for me, it just depends on the girl and how she approaches it. If she's really into it, then we probably aren't compatible. I have no interest in following the practices and disciplines of religious teachings when I don't even follow that religion. I'm not really drawn to really religious girls because I'd prefer a girl more grounded in the here-and-now, rather than something I think is man-made.

So yeah, it personally depends but I'd say probably not the more she is religious.

• I don't mind being friends with religious people but I would never date one. I am not comfortable with the implications and I can't see it ever working out.

• On the whole I don't like Christians that talk about bible verses and their faith a lot. Irreconcilable differences. There was this one women that seemed alright but, she'd actually studied theology and wasn't just interpreting verses with her opinions, she'd even glanced at the gospel of Mary (I have no idea how you can worship a guy quoting passages from some people who have been showed not to know him, and ignore what his wife wrote, even if it's incomplete and strange)

• I am currently in a relationship with a Christian girl while I follow a different set of beliefs. If someone truly likes you, your religion shouldn't concern them. It's normal for people to put you off because of your faith just because some people are ignorant like that. You don't want to be with them if they are like that, people should respect your religion and if they don't then they aren't worth your time.

What Girls Said 11

• Well, I'm sure Christian guys would date you if he was otherwise interested. As for non-Christian men, some would be okay with it and others would not, it just depends on how they view the Christian religion and if they would be willing to enter into a relationship withs someone who is religious.

In some cases, people don't want to date someone of a different religion due to the possible issues that may come up further down the road. Simple things such as celebrating holidays could become an issue if someone doesn't believe the same thing as you do. Overall, some guys will accept it and others may not.

• Didn't u lose ur virginity at a young age. Not to judge, but were u a Christian then too?

• @Resuscitatior Lol what does that even have to do with my answer here? This question and my opinion have nothing to do with sex and you wouldn't have made that comment if you didn't intend on judging. Sorry but I don't owe anyone an explanation of my personal life. Have a nice night.

• My brother is an atheist and his girlfriend is a hardcore Christian girl. And they love each other.
    She doesn't force him to go to church with her, but he goes out of respect cuz he knows how important it is to her.

I'm atheist as well, and both my exes were religious also. I also don't mind going to church with a loved one cuz I know how special and dear masses and services are to them. I wouldn't wan them to feel uncomfortable with me, I respect their beliefs as long as they respect mine. I never tried to convert my exes, and they never tried to convert me either. We did talk about our beliefs, but it was more of a mature discussion. Neither of them told me I was gonna "burn in hell" and I didn't call them "ignorant bible thumpers" like the cliche "religious vs atheist" debates.

It depends on the people. Just like some religious people are adamantly against dating atheists, some atheists will be adamantly against dating religious folk.

• stick to your guns girl. don't change for a guy. anyone who doesn't accept you for who you are, isn't worth your time and doesn't deserve your love.

• Me and my guy are both Christian and even go to the same church. It doesn't get in the way. But someone will come along who is respectful of you and your beliefs.

• I'm not a guy, and i will never date a girl. But in case you were a guy or a girl i could be friends with in real, i dont mind if you are muslim, jewish, christian... But please, if i dont believe in the same things as you, or im not religious at all do not speak me about religion. I do respect if people are, but dont speak to me about it cause its annoying and it seems like you want me to be christian/musilm.. whatever.

I dont know if you do that or not, just so you know some points of view or whatever this is : )

• I'm pro christian. I'm a bit agnostic but go to church occasionally. I'm not like all wrapped up in theology but I say follow what makes you happy and gives you purpose and truth

• I know you're not asking girls but I have to say no. I mean, I would date a christian but it's not really a plus.

• That is kind of shoving it though...
    And I wouldn't, I'd need a partner who's at the same intellectual level as me and does't tell me all the solutions to my problems are Jesus Christ. Sorry but you seem like a sweet girl.

• it's not really shoving it in my opinion, I'm not necessarily forcing anyone to convert or to believe. its something that's a part of me and id like to share it, such as if someone wrote songs and they shared them. and when you said "same intellectual level" as you was that implying christians aren't intelligent haha because in that case I should tell you that Albert Einstein was a strong Christian and we all know he was very intelligent. thanks for your input though (:

• I do agree. But the more small amounts of knowledge we give to others, the better for them. Sure they must have the initiative, but it doesn't mean others can not teach others just for the sake of teaching. It is always a good thing to have. And by everything, I mean so many details like how for example, Einstein being Muslim. But I do understand where you are getting at completely.

• @Falling4UTC Yes, I would agree with you full-heartedly but my experiences with people pull me in the opposite direction. There is no proof Einstein was a Shiite Muslim. An Iranian cleric, Ayatollah Mahadavi Kani, made a claim despite that Einstein once said, “my relationship to the Jewish people has become my strongest human bond, ever since I became fully aware of our precarious situation among the nations of the world.” You shouldn't make such claims unless you know what you're saying is 100%, all the same good day.

• Yes it is very normal since you're not 'putting out as easy' as others. Stick to your faith and meet a man who loves Christ too. It's worth waiting for, I promise

• Okay i am not a guy, but here is what I thought.
    I hate how Christians are thought of as this picture of forceful Jesus shovers. Like I hate how we (I am Christian too btw) are represented as these people who hate gays and shoves Christianity down people's throats... It's not what every Christian does. Not what RIGHTEOUS Christians do, in my opinion. And Christianity is just a relationship with Jesus. It's barely a "religion". in my opinion, it is loving and serving our God. :)
    Anyways, getting that out of the way, I think because of this outlook on Christians, many think being religious is a turn off.. But whatever. You should date someone who shares the same belief as you I think. It'll just be easier and the relationship would probably be better.

• I'm Christian, my bf's Muslim, that sucks😌

and I know what you mean, they think we're too holy to date😒