At 22, is a guy who doesn't have a job a turn off?

I'm 22, don't have a job but I got to school full time. I also have a car. I was trying to explore the world of dating and approach women. Would not having a job at the moment turn them away?

Most Helpful Guy

• Right now, school is your full-time job. I didn't get my first job until a couple of months after I graduated. Plus, I think what women (and people in general) are more concerned about is whether or not you would be actively looking for a job when you're not in school.

What Girls Said 6

• Normally I would say yes, that's a huge turn off. But you're going to school full time, so at least that shows you have SOME kind of ambition. But personally, for me that would still be a little bit of a turn off. Because that means your parents (or some relative) pay for all your expenses. Privileged people, or really dependent people (not just guys) annoy the hell out of me, because I feel that I'm the exact opposite.

I'm in college and I go to school full time as well, but I still work 20-30 hours a week. I use my own money for my phone bill, gas, car insurance, and spending money. But really, don't let not having a job stop you from dating. I'm sure there are plenty of girls in school who also don't work, or who won't mind that you don't. Just keep in mind, that it may put some women off.

• 2 things. 1. Does it make you mad he doesn't work and you don't? 2. What if he's going to school full time for one day to have a really good job, better than the majority of people and has a lot of ambition.

• 1. Yeah, I guess it would make me a little annoyed that I work AND go to school full time, and that he thinks he doesn't need to. Me (and many others) are proof that it can be done. So that's not really an excuse.
      2. Well, like I just said above, I'm also going to school full time so that I can one day have a really good career. But in the meantime, I also earn my own money at a part time job. I would just think that he can do the same.

But like I said, that's just how I feel about it. I'm sure there are girl's in school that don't work and would be okay with you not working too.

• I see your point!

• yeah unless you are a full time student or athlete or something... i guess if you dont have a job just have a good reason why.

• How are you paying for school? Are you still relying on your parents completely, for tuition, housing, etc? In that case, yeah, it'd be a turn off but an understandable one.

• No, it's not a turn off, unless he doesn't want to get a job.

• why does it say you are "under 18" if you are 22? and I don't think it's that much of a turn off because you go to school, so it's not like you're doing absolutely nothing with your life.

• I was thinking the same about his age.

• That was just an accident lol, I don't know how to change it.

• If you're a bum, then yes. If not, it's fine. You are studying full time, and probably have some kind of ambition, that is fine. If you were doing nothing at all, and had no hopes to do anything at all, then you might aswel stop looking for normal girls and aim lower for scummy girls.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends why?

• well you are in school full-time

• No job = no girl will touch you.