Will I never have another girlfriend?

I think I got into dating too late in life. I had a couple relationships when I was younger, but nowadays I rarely date. I'm 35, so the girls my age are married, divorced, or have kids. I want to start a family some day!
I am more introverted, although I like to go out, I prefer staying in or just going out with close friends.

Since I waited so long, due to shyness and no self-esteem, and since I'm out of college, I think all the good girls are already taken.

Also I worry I've gotten too comfortable being alone and living a life without dates.

So I feel I've completely ruined my chance for happiness by hesitating.

Am I screwed? Has anyone else seen success later in life?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's 2015, people live much older nowadays, so we have much more time. It's so common for over 40s, 50s and even 60s to find love, some even saying it's their first love.
    They used to say 40 is the new 30, but the lifestyles we all have these days I'm pretty sure it's more like 50 is the new 40 or something.

You definitely have time. I agree a lot will be divorced or already have kids, but there are way too many singles without kids at your age and even older for you to be thinking it's too late.

But, if you keep on the way you are going, and not making any effort at all to date women, you'll stay in the same situation. The right woman isn't going to break into your house, you need to go out and get her.
    Just get comfortable with smiling at pretty women, making small talk at the supermarket or bus stop, things like that. Get out your comfort zone, build it up slowly, but not too slowly, and you'll meet somebody.

• Thanks, I'll be fine, I was just feeling a little emo that night haha. I'm actually talking to someone.

• Lol, don't worry, we all have those days. Good for you, hope the new girl goes well.

What Girls Said 2

• I feel somewhat the same. I was married for 12 years and its been 4 years now and I find it harder and harder to find a man my age willing to to date, commit, and settle down. I feel that after a certain age men grow accustom to single life and set in their ways. They don't want to have to really think about anyone other than themselves. I have 2 kids and I think that scares men away. There are a lot of men who won't take care of their own children so the thought of being there for someone else's doesn't set well with them. Let me know what you come up with, I personally am getting very discouraged myself. I have tried the dating websites which I found that the men lie and after our first date they want sex or immediate commitment. I gave up the online thing. I don't think you ruined your chances but I think you just have to really open up and show your interest to someone and not play games. Tell them whats on you mind and say what you mean and mean what you say. That's the first step. Remember women at this age are looking for security, openness, and commitment. We want a future at this point not a fling.

• You're not screwed, there's lots of women out there but the pool is smaller if you're looking to date a woman near your age with no kids or never been married. What's wrong with a woman who's divorced or has kids?

• I have to go younger, not my age. And a kid is okay as long as she'd want another one.

• Why not near your age? Women can have children in their 40's now.

What Guys Said 2

• A thirty year old woman who has never married or had kids is either unattractive, or has turned down multiple offers, is too picky, and cannot be successfully wooed. You're going to have to find a widow or a much younger woman. Sorry.

• i would imagine you have more time since you are a guy