Do you think its wrong to date a friends ex?

My cousin disagrees with me he thinks its okay to date a friends ex because they're an EX. I think its wrong, what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• It all depends on the individual. I, personally am not open to the idea and wouldn't date my friend's ex. For others, I guess it really depends how far they went and if they still have feelings for each other. It's bad enough to get someone else's seconds and even worse if it's a friend's.

• Not if you talk to your friend about it, but if you spring it on them then yeah absolutely that's wrong

• I respect your opinion. But what if your friend told you they still had some feelings for their ex; would you then still try and pursue them?

• Absolutely not as long as they didn't lie to me about it, i'd like to consider myself a loyal friend

• thanks for your opinion :)

• not wrong. gross.

What Guys Said 5

• It is always wrong to date the Ex of friend. The thing is he may still have feelings for her. Even if he doesn't and gives his blessings, this is a major No, No! It's best to find another girl instead of the one that once was loved, kissed, hugged and &%$#ed by a friend. This is sure to throw the friendship out the window and is a way to gain a new enemy. Keep away from friends ex's!

• To avoid drama I would ask my friend if he was over his ex. Morally wrong no, but sure can be awkward.

• Ok so if your friend was over her, would you date her then?

• If I had serious feelings for her and it wasn't just fling, sure. My friend had his chance and is apparently over her and doesn't want her back. So I see no reason not to.

• I don't know if wrong is the right answer but it's weird being friends with a friend's ex. Being in the middle of it can cause problems even if you're not picking sides with your friend or the ex. It's happened to me recently. Not an easy situation to be in.

• I wouldn't do it. Too much drama.

• Nahh maaan stay away from it trust me.