Is it worth dating in high school?

Do relationships last past high school? Are teenagers mature enough to have real relationships?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do, the vast majority don't.
    My parents met really young, married very very young and are still married, in fact, I am one of the few people I know who's parents are married or still together so long.
    Most aren't like them though, and they also met in the olden days (my parents are very old for my age) so kinda different.
    I personally know of one relationship that lasted from school and still together now in their thirties with a bunch of kids, but that's it. I've never met anybody apart from that couple and my parents who lasted, and I don't really hear of it happening, but it does happen once in a while.

There's no reason to date really at this age, other than just for fun, somebody you like to hang out with, or practice. It's not like there's a reason you should or a reason you shouldn't, just do whatever. Just don't get too serious too quick, go into into it knowing maybe it'll last maybe it won't, be safe, don't feel too down if you break up.

What Girls Said 6

• honestly, if i could go back in time id never have a relationship in high school. waste of time, chances are y'all dont even know wth ur doing or saying -.-

• honestly I think it depends on who you ask, what their reasons are.. I know a girl who started dating someone in high school and they are still together, which I think they started sophomore year and this may we've been graduated 10 years... so together 12... married and 2 kids and another on the way... anything is possible

• To start off with, *sigh, I am fifteen I just pressed the wrong year accidentally. In my opinion, no it is not. My best guy friend has had an off and on dating relationship for over a year and it has made him miserable, which makes me miserable because I get to hear about it on the bus in the morning and on the bus in the evening. It has made his normal straight A's go down to a B or C. In high school, relationships don't usually last that long and grades last forever. Your college will affect your future more so than a short term relationship. Most high school drama is caused by who is dating who.

• I just have gotten to high school, and from what I have seen, the drama just is not worth it.

• I'm 15 and I think it depends. Some people marry their high school sweethearts. Some teenagers are mature enough for relationships and some aren't. Dating in high school is totally worth it because you can find out what type of girls you like and once you date outside of high school, you'll be more experienced than if you hadn't dated

• Not really.. Most people are still super immature.
    But that being said, I met the guy I'm now engaged to during my senior year in highschool.
    So, it can be

• Well, first of all, you never know if it will last, so you have to think first what you will do later in life, if you are moving, studying abroad or whatever, if you don't plan to move to another city or being away for a long time then you can have your mind open about dating. If you are planning to move or be away for a while it's best not to think about dating, but if you fall in love... why not?

What Guys Said 0