What the heck does this mean?

My boyfriend told me in the future instead of having kids we're adopting? What does that mean!

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Either he's not into the diaper changing phase and wants to skip ahead to where it's a bit less hectic, or he doesn't want to ruin your body. Or, if he's a really caring guy, maybe he's just someone who wants to adopt and give an unlucky child a good home.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Either his sperm has no kick or he stands in line at the supermarket and reads the latest celebrity that adopted a child from some third world country. Don't take what he says seriously, unless he feels sensitive about what sort of genes he might be passing on if he chooses to have his own kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • It means he doesn't want to go through the whole having a baby and raising one process, and he would much rather get a kid after that age. Probably some sort of stress issue, but the choice is up to you two.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless he brings it up again and again I wouldn't think he is serious. Also, if its that bad just talk to him about it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It means he loves you and sees a future with you. Adoption isn't a bad thing maybe he is infertile and was testing out the waters. Maybe he has bad genes in his family and doesn't want to pass them on.
    Or maybe he was just making a joke about not wanting your body to get ruined by his demon seed.

1|0
    0|0
  • Although adopting is not bad, this should be a mutual agreement and having a child together is something truly amazing.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it depends on the context it was said in.. he could have been making a joke about not wanting to deal with babies or in reference to pregnancy mood swings etc but i wouldn't take it seriously unless you guys are already thinking about kids right now. at least you know he's thinking about a future with you

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugh he dosent want ure vagina to stretch out

0|0
    1|0