Met online. Met for coffee. Had good conversation but no clear sign that he wants to see me again. Should I follow up with a message online? or not?

Thabks for taking time to read and give me your opinion. We're 25. Met online. Got along well in person at starbucks. He is a nuce guy and good looking. Talked for an hour but I had to get going because I had plans after (I told this to him ahead of time) so I ended it with "thanks for meeting. Have a good weekend." He didn't really say much or anything. But an hour into it, it didn't seem like he was eager to get rid of me or leave (he wasn't the one to wrap it up), but maybe he was just being polite? It's not like sparks were flying or crazy chemistry but we joked around and seemed to click (little to no awkwardness, as much as can be expected for initial mtg). Would he have already followed up by now if he was interested (met Fri at 6pm)? Is he waiting for me to follow up? I remember when I asked what he was doing over the weekend that he said not much. I feel like he would have came up with something to make it sound like he was busy if he wanted to avoid me. I don't know. I'm so confused what I should do. Wait to see if he's interested? Be bold and say "had a nice time. Let me know if you want to meet up again, otherwise I wish you good luck"?

What is the best thing to do when a date wasn't an obvious fail, but it's unclear if the guy wants to see you again? I feel like it's going to bother me if I don't find out. I don't know if the girl should follow up or leave it to the guy. Ugh. Rules.

Thanks for your help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Females should follow up... you are the buyer here in your quirky, but quaint scenario, you have determined that he is worth the time and effort, for another shot, and you want a second interview with, your new love interest in your romantic comedy! There is no shame in the leading lady, leading the charge and telling him you want to see him again, because you thought he was cool... if your attractive and you are what he likes outwardly and inwardly you have the shot! I am a extra in your movie, who says, go for it.. you can do it!!! Ask him out if he says yes! Good! If he lingers with excuses, or says no, turn the page, and you will find, another... begin chapter 2.

What Guys Said 4

• Follow up... the worst that happens is he doesn't and then you know.

Who said you have to live by the rules...

• message him. dont be pushy , but be obvious about your intentions.

• I say follow up. If he blows you off, move on.

• If he hasn't followed up, he probably isn't interested, but that doesn't mean you can't send a follow up message saying something like "Hey, it was nice meeting you. How is your weekend going?"

What Girls Said 2

• i agree with the other poster. for me, if you're ever curious to know something then you should ask. it's not always easy but then you're not left hanging. either he responds the way you want to or he doesn't. and if he doesn't, then it's better to not be wasting your time. online dating has its cons but one pro is that you can type and be done with it. also give it some time after sending a message (not too long) but sometimes people have things going on.

• Yes, be sincere in dating. Games are for teenagers. Follow up or forever wonder