Should I try to hide my hobby?

Well the question is direct but should I hide the fact that I'm a guitarist even though I've been playing for 7 years I love this hobby and always enjoy coming up with awesome licks then putting them together with other licks to make an awesome tune but I fear that many chicks will try to avoid me because they feel like I'm only doing this just to pick up girls I have only told my 2 best friends and they even said I can use this to my advantage to get chicks but I choose not to and it's getting harder to hide since I started college and don't want to drive chicks away by saying I spend my whole day playing video games and watching movies which I only do at night for an hour or two then go to sleep (I don't want my neighbors banging on my wall or calling the police xD)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Do What you love, and fuck everyone else

• True shit but I feel that chicks in college generalize guys more and I want to find a nice chick

• The only chick you need is the one who gets on with your shit

What Girls Said 2

• Don't hide it! Just be yourself, the girls who think you're only doing it to pick up chicks are stupid anyway, you're not missing out. Keep playing guitar and stop giving a fuck what silly little girls don't understand is a hobby think ;P

• Be yourself and continue to do what you love

What Guys Said 4

• I mean if it's a real hobby anyone with a good head on their shoulders will see that you do it because it's something you love and not using it for just sexual gains

• Why hide your hobby? Continue to do what you love and stop worrying about what others think about you!

• You shouldn't try and hide your guitar playing because its obviously part of who you are. You dont have to around bragging about it to girls.

• I disagree , women love men who are talented in music field
      If it'll get u laid, brag it ! God damn it !

• I'm just afraid to drive chicks away from me by them thinking I'm just some cliche asshat doing this to pick up chicks

• If what you said is true, maybe I'll learn the guitar. TO GET THE GIRLS!