Why is my ex girlfriend acting like this and holding me accountable when we are not together?

My ex girlfriend and I broke up after a year and half relationship. It was a serious relationship. We talked about getting married. She wanted to get married and l did too. We broke up because she had expectarions for me that I didn't meet that she couldnt get married to me with. I tried to meet them but couldnt. We've been broke up for 8 months. We work at the same place. I've been trying to get her back for all that time and I really made an effort the first 4 months of our break up. When we were together she didn't want me to be friends with any of my ex's or anyone I had sex with. About two weeks ago I went to the dollar show (I normally go to the regular theater) with a friend I had sex with 7 years ago. We are now just photonic friend (no sex) and have been photonic friends for 6 years. We didn't go on a date. Someone my ex knows saw me and told my ex. She asked me about it and I lied at first to avoid this sabotaging my chances of getting her back. But about a hour later I told her the truth. We have talked off and on for the last 8 months. She has lied to me several tines in the past 8 months in order to get information out of me about me dating and if I had sex with anyone. I have not dated or had sex since we broke up. She told me that she moved on and was dating. She told me that months ago. Now she is holding me accountable for lying and hanging out with my friend. I only hung out with her because she was bored. I think I messed up by doing it. But why and how can she hold this stuff (Lying and handing out with my friend) against me when we are broke up? She doesn't want to have any thing to do with me now.

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds manipulative. She wants you there when it benefits her. She is controlling and unfair. If you two broke up you owe her nothing. No excuses, no time, no answers. You are the one she feels she has on a leash and can move you around when she feels lead to. You even said it. You hung out with her because she was bored. Cut her off completely. If she calls and you answer and she ask you for anything say, "NO". when she ask why, tell her to figure it out and end the call. She will get the picture. GO be happy and free to do you and enjoy your life.

What Girls Said 5

• Wow controlling much. You guys broke up and she is being a bitch (sorry for the language). You have every right to do what you want to do with who you choose. She does not control you and you are your own person. Sounds to me like she is jelous about you hanging around with other girls and living your life. Let her be jelous let her get mad if she wants. She is acting like a spoiled little brat who can't get her way. If she acts like this how long do you think the marrige would last with her dictating everything like this. I would just do what you want and hang out with who you want. You are single and reguardless of what she thinks your a person too.

• Maybe the best thing would be to cut off all communication! You don't need this negative stuff in your life!

• She is childish. I would ignore her.

• Because you lied.

• Because she wants u back

What Guys Said 1

• "photonic". Cute.

Regardless the lie just came to light so the accountability just became possible. It is considered "current".