Do you mind your bf/gf talking to members of the opposite sex?

I've noticed a lot of people who don't let their significant other talk to members of the opposite sex and I wanted to know everyone opinions here? Personally I wouldn't mind my boyfriend talking to other girls because if I were in a relationship with them it would mean I trust them.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I have complete trust in my boyfriend but I still get jealous if I hear him talking about other women. I wouldn't like it if he was texting or Facebook messaging other women. I guess it depends on the context of things.

What Guys Said 10

• No, as long as I trust them. And I wouldn't be in a relationship without trust.

To ask them to only talk to me is pretty boring, to be honest. And controlling. And I hate being controlled/controlling.

• A guy talked to my girlfriend once. I shot him. I shot him real good! I don't mind her talking to guys that aren't douchey like that hit on everything that moves.

So basically if some guy that looks like this starts trying to talk to my girlfriend I'm gonna go up and rescue her.
    hotdogandfriends.com/.../douchebag2dq2.jpg

• nope I don't mind it at all

• For starters, never tell your boyfriend that he can't talk to other women. Doing so breaks the attraction that we have in the girl we are dating. By allowing him to talk to girls that are friends, you are making yourself more attractive to him in every way. Keep in mind, most guys talk to other girls to test you to see if you are controlling, or if you would be someone that they would want to marry. So basically act like you don't care because just like girls, guys test you too. Hope this helps!

• I wouldn't mind at all to be honest. That's if my girlfriend didn't mind me talking to members of the opposite sex.

• a relationship without jealousy is far better. i dont even mind a girl fucking other guys if it makes her happy

• I don't know. Sometimes they can spend more time with them than you, especially if they work together.

• when you trust them, you don't care

• i trust my gf i don't care

• not unless they're flirting...

What Girls Said 9

• Nah, I don't mind. Like, right now, the guy I'm kinda interested in is best friends with a girl. That girl is also my best friend. I have no problems at all with them talking or even cuddling or whatever. I know they are only friends. I get jealous in general, but my jealousy is weird the way it works. I don't even mind a guy I'm with hanging out alone with a girl.

• talking is fine

• I wouldn't care if my boyfriend talks to another girl. If he got her phone number, that would be a different story.

• No, I don't care lol

• no, I don't get into relationships with guys I don't trust.

• plus I have guy friends. I would hope as adults we could handle being friends with the opposite sex, without wanting/expecting sex from them.

• I don't mind

• no, he can have his friends if it is girls or boys I do not care.

• I said yes. Not that I don't trust my man when im in a realtionship bc I do if I didn't I would not be with them. bt I don't trust other women. Bt at the same time he should be man enough to keep his stuff in his pants. I don't mind him shooting the breeze/talking bc u can't help bt see the opposite sex sometimes bt if I feel flirting is starting its not acceptable bc I feel like if he wouldn't want me to do it he can't do it either. Bt besides that to me it helps avoid any speculation of cheating personally.

• To be honest, if the girl's attractive I'd always "mind", but I'd never say anything because I very well know it's stupid.