Invited out to hang with his friends?

I met a guy last week at a party and we have been fb messaging back and forth since then. Was kind of expecting him to ask me out this weekend- which he kind of did... he wanted to see if i would join him with his bros cause they were going to watch a hockey game tonight and have some drinks.

I totally dont mind casual plans like these, but i'm a bit surprised since this will be the first time I will be seeing him since the party... and I'll be meeting his friends etc... Any ideas as to why a guy might opt for this instead of a standard dinner/drinks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Efficiency. He's smarter than other guys.

What Guys Said 1

• He is worried you'll turn him down so he's like hey come hang out and watch hockey it's not a date or nothing. So if you say no he can be like "Oh she doesn't like hockey clearly". The alternative is he may be worried he might run out of things to talk with you about so he knows if you go with a group you guys will never have like an awkward silence the coversation will just flow ya know.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's afraid you wouldn't want to go out with him alone, or he's shy and afraid you'd not have enough to talk about alone. OR he already had plans with his guy friends, didn't want to change them but wanted to see you too. OR he's not exactly sure about you two and wants his guy friends' opinions. So many possibilities...